010

010[ⁱʳˡ ]↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

010
[ⁱʳˡ ]
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

entering her front door with a dress in hand, hayden's heart falls at the sight of her parents sat expectantly in the two chairs, as they often do when she's about it get in trouble.

"hayden zola solove." her dad clears his throat, "have anything you want to tell us?"

"umm..." she trails off, not wanting to fall into this trap

"so," her mom paces in front of her, "i ran into miss harpe at the grocery store today, thanked her for having you over this weekend."

oh. we'll, hayden's screwed.

"and she told me you never slept over! so that left me wondering, where the hell did my daughter go overnight this weekend?"

the girl bites her lip, deciding to just come clean instead of making up some elaborate lie, "there was a party, i stayed at matt's. but i slept on the couch!"

her dad stands up, fury seething through his voice, "so not only did you lie to us- you slept over at the sturniolos? do you think we don't know about you and christopher?"

she opens her mouth, getting cut off by her mother

"your screwing everything up zola. first you ruined your relationship with christian, and now your acting out?"

"i didn't ruin that." she snaps, "that wasn't a healthy relationship. i told you that a million times."

"this isn't what we do hayden."

"so what is?" she raises her voice, through with frustration, "what do we do? are we just supposed to be miserable- trying to be perfect all the time? because i don't fucking want to do that"

"fine!" her dad matches her volume, "you already embarrass us enough, just keep screwing up!"

in contrary, her mothers voice is quiet, "just go to your room. youve disappointed us enough."

the girl scurries up to her bedroom, flying open the doors to her balcony, curling up on the couch on the side.

she brings her knees up to her chest, cradling her head in her hands. she was taught from a young age that it was embarrassing to cry, and it was an immature thing to do.

but she can't really help but let a few tears slip now in the privacy of her bedroom.

"oh, sorry." she hears a voice from the house over

hayden's head jerks to her left, seeing chris leaned out his window, smoking a joint. he doesn't retreat into his room, just stares at her expectantly

"since when do you smoke?" she wipes her face quickly, embarrassed he caught her crying

he shrugs, "just when i cant sleep. you crying?"

"no."

chris looks her up and down, obviously unconvinced, "right, what's wrong?"