004

004[ⁱʳˡ]↻ ◁ II ▷↺

004
[ⁱʳˡ]
↻ ◁ II ▷↺

the car ride is squished on the way to the party, having maddy and jack in the backseat with them.

hayden literally gags everytime her and chris have to act civil, biting her tongue on every good moment to insult him.

they arrive at the party, and while normally her and matt would just hangout- maddy takes her arm and the two go make conversation with some people.

at one point, they spot chris and elena talking.

"the fuck?" maddy raises a brow judgementally, "oh i know he did not come with you, just to talk to her all night. cmon."

as the two approach the ex couple, an arm slides around hayden's waist, a deep voice coming from behind her, "hey hayden."

she freezes, recognizing her ex boyfriends voice immediately

maddy opens her mouth to say something, but chris immediately changes his focus from elena

"get the fuck off of her christian." he scowls, turning to face the guy

hayden bites her lip, exchanging a glance with chris, immediately wishing she were anywhere but here

"what?" he chuckles, "you guys a thing or something?"

chris glances at elena and maddy, who are just watching the situation unfold, "yeah. we are. so get off her bro."

his arm unwraps around the girls waist, but stays between the two of them, arms crossed, "so prove it."

hayden furrows her brows at the look chris gives her, like he's silently trying to communicate.

that is, until he puts his hand on the small of her back, pulling her in and connecting their lips.

she moves her hand to his chest, not sure why her stomach is flipping when she should be absolutely repulsed right now.

the kiss is short, the two pulling away, chris looking back up to christian

"good? now just leave her alone dude."

christian rolls his eyes, but turns around to bother someone else nonetheless.

hayden looks between the three people, and under different circumstances, she'd laugh at everyone's expressions.

chris has a slight smirk on his lips, ew. elena looks completely shocked, her jaw hanging below her face. maddys eyebrows are raised, a grin on her lips.

"just, cmon." hayden murmurs, grabbing maddy by the wrist, pulling her to the kitchen

"THAT WAS FUCKING EPIC," the blonde jumps up and down, "i mean i was about to punch him in his nuts, then chris was all leave her alone bro then he was all prove it and HE FUCKINF PROVED IT,"

hayden ignores her friend as she mixes different alcohol into her cup, leaning against the counter as she tips her head back, taking a long sip.

"hay? you okay?" matt stops when he sees his friend chugging her drink

maddy speaks for her, "she just saw christian and then her and chris-"

hayden shoves a seltzer in front of her maddys lips, shutting her up

"you saw christian? did he say shit to you?" matt raises his eyebrows, immediately angry

she pours a shot, letting it flow down her throat, it burning, "everything's fine matthew. now take some shots with me."

zola stumbles through the room, looking for one of her friends. she's been conversing with random people for the past hour, playing a couple games of pong along the way.

her face lights up as she spots chris on the couch, doing her best to make her way over.

"christopher," she slurs, leaning on the couch behind him, "wheres matt?"

elena sits across from him, her nose wrinkling, "um somewhere else? maybe go find him and stop embarrassing yourself."

chris opens his mouth, but hayden is quicker

"first of all-" she sticks out her middle finger, "fuck you." she leans down to whisper to chris, "second of all, sorry. continue."

zola turns around to leave, stumbling over her own feet. she feels a strong arm around her to keep her upright,

"actually elena, we kinda have a thing, so i think it's actually time for me to take her home." chris clears his throat

elena rolls her eyes, "whatever chris." before she stomps off

normally zola would feel stiff and uncomfortable with literally any contact with chris, but her body is far too exhausted to care.

she leans into him, mumbling, "sorry i ruined your time. i know that's the whole point."

"you didn't ruin anything dummy," he grins, finding her drunk self funny, "let's head to the car."

"where's mega met?" hayden giggles at her own words as chris leads her to the backseat of the car, "fuckin mega met."

chris sits next to her, waiting for his brothers to arrive. he remembers the earlier events, figuring he might as well ask while she's intoxicated

"why'd you run away earlier after we kissed"

zola scrunches her nose, "because we hate each other. shit got weird." she claps a hand over her mouth, "wait i'm being mean. sorry."

turns out drunk her is a lot nicer than sober.

"also, can i tell you a secret?"

he bites his lip to keep himself from laughing, "shoot."

she leans to whisper in his ear, like it's top secret, "i don't really hate it when you call me zola. i kinda like it."

chris opens his mouth, but of course that's when his brothers file into the car.

"YOU GUYS FUCKING KISSED???" nick shrieks, turning around in his seat

hayden nods lazily, "mhm. we have a thing." she repeats chris's words from earlier

matt's jaw clenches, not that anyone notices. he doesn't say a word, just starts driving to the house.

"wait i have a question," nick announces, "i thought you two hated each others guts."

hayden almost confirms it, opening her mouth before closing it. she looks to chris.

"we just realized theres a thin line between in love and hate."

barf. zola hides her face to keep from giggling, chris elbowing her slightly.

matt gags, "that's actually disgusting. i hope you two know that."

"LOVE?!" nick shrieks once again, "actually, lowkey always predicted this."