Gadriel laughed. "Yes, our history is truly fascinating, which is why there is also a museum where this part is retold and many of the treasures are exhibited. They serve as a reminder not to forget," the angel said.

"Really? Can I visit that?" Aleks burst out enthusiastically.

For a moment the angel looked at him uncertainly, then Aleks remembered that he was a prisoner. Disappointment spread across his face, and Gadriel could see it clearly.

Silently, Aleks stepped back from the bookshelf and put on a poker face. "Good, let's go. Don't spare me today, I want to push myself to my limits." And forget about my situation for a moment.

Raphael watched the training from a hidden angle on the roof. He saw his son's joy and passion and was impressed by his rapid progress. Aleks had already won the hearts of all the employees, including Gadriel. Like mother, like son. It was his warm and open manner that attracted others to him.

He approved of his dedication and perseverance, and the fact that he was also well versed in the field of medicine and healing, and that he was eager to educate himself, much to Raphael's delight. He will probably come after me in this regard. The brief display of his skills had been impressive and he would have a bright future in this field.

A moment of remorse came over him as he thought of their bad relationship. He had seen Aleks cry for the second night now. The archangel was in his room at night to check on him, and he had heard the soft sobbing. He will forget about him. All that had to be done was to dissolve their bond, for which he had already contacted Azrael. Soon you will be relieved of this burden. You will start a new life here and we will find each other again. Raphael was patient, he was in no hurry.

After training, Aleks went to wash, and Gadriel stayed behind. He looked up at Raphael, which didn't surprise him. The angel was usually underestimated, but he was a capable warrior. With soft flaps of his wings, he flew to the archangel and sat down next to him.

"Sire," he greeted him and he just nodded. "May I ask you a question?" the angel began cautiously.

"Ask them, Gadriel," Raphael allowed.

"Aleks is very interested in our story and I think it might be an advantage to get him to stay if he gets to know it better. When he sees what great things he could be or is a part of."

Raphael listened to the angel with interest. What does he propose?

"Am I allowed to visit the great memorial museum with Aleks?" the angel asked cautiously.

Raphael looked at the angel in silence. He weighed the pros and cons. In the end, he nodded and said, "Only under strict supervision and camouflage, because I don't want others to know about him yet."

Gadriel nodded joyfully and, after a short bow, made his way to Aleks. Will he be a little closer to me if I give him more freedom? Perhaps he should seek the conversation again. Sighing, he leaned back. "At such moments, I wish you were here, Sayenne. You'd know the answer." But she wasn't here anymore and she wouldn't be born again.

Aleks was just coming out of the washroom with a towel around his waist when Gadriel happily rushed into the room. "Heavens, excuse me. I didn't mean to," he said, holding his hands in front of his eyes. Gadriel had completely forgotten that Aleks always washed after training.

"No stress. I'm bonded and I'm sure you're not interested in me," Aleks said laughing and put on shorts, but no top because his hair was still wet.

Gadriel looked at Raphael's son and his gaze lingered on his bond mark on his chest.

Aleks smiled. "Do you want to take a closer look, Gadriel? I can't get enough of its ornate beauty either."

The angel nodded and stepped closer. He touched Aleks' chest with his fingers and traced the lines of the dragon. It was incredibly beautiful, delicate and detailed. "This must have been created with a lot of love," Gadriel said, completely engrossed, until a drop on the backs of his hand made him look up.

Tears stood in Aleks' eyes, which he quickly wiped away. "Forgive me, I don't want to cry. It's just, I miss him so much," Aleks said in a sad voice.

With these words, Gadriel remembered the conversation he had heard between Aleks and Raphael.

"Well, good luck. I hope you make it in time before I die."

This shocked the archangel. "What do you mean?" he asked angrily.

"I don't know if you're playing stupid, but as an archangel you certainly know what happens when you separate soulmates for a long time," Aleks began, slamming the book shut, then continued, "I'm going to fall into the madness and mistaken belief that Belial is dead at some point. Then I will follow him and there is nothing you can do about it except to let me back to my heart."

I don't want him to die. Please let this be a mistake. But the love in Aleks' eyes was real. "Would you like to tell me about him?" Gadriel slipped out before he could stop it.

Surprise spread through Aleks, then he smiled. "The name of my mate and my heart is Belial. He is an incredibly stubborn and lovable demon who sometimes drives me crazy. Especially when he strokes my cheek or hair, when he thinks I'm sleeping. Or when he whispers words of love in my ear and lovingly kisses my neck. But most of all I miss his smile and the look he gives me. I miss his warmth and smell. I would do anything for a hug. We share a soul bond, we are connected in a way that few are, because he is my second half. He is all that I am not, and yet exactly what I need. One eternity will never be enough for me, I want it in my next one and all the lives after that."

Belial's and Sai's image appeared in his mind's eye and then there was no stopping him. The tears ran unrestrained and he began to sob. Aleks wasn't ashamed, because he wouldn't be ashamed of the love he felt for his mate.

The words touched Gadriel, he had never heard anyone speak so much about their partner. Each word contained an incredibly deep love, the likes of which many have never felt before. Raphael, are you sure that's just imagination? Doubts arose in the angel.

Angels also made a covenant when they started a life together, but everything remained private, was not carried outside. Gadriel had heard of this bond of souls, but hadn't yet met anyone who had made it.

Comfortingly, he stroked Aleks' shoulder and waited for him to calm down. Then he remembered the reason why he had come here. "Aleks, I have good news," he said, beaming, and Aleks looked at him questioningly. "We will leave the estate tomorrow and visit the Capital of Angels, where there is a museum dedicated to the fall and its events."

Immediately, Aleks' face brightened. Outside? Finally get out of this prison? "Oh, I'm so happy, Gadriel. Thank you, thank you, thank you," he said enthusiastically, which also pleased the angel.

"Good, we'll see you tomorrow morning, I'll pick you up here." Aleks nodded. He couldn't wait.