Chapter 19 (with smut scene)

After the long journey, Lucan was finally happy to be home. He longed for his mate, wanted to embrace him. Paola and the other generals said goodbye and she put her hand on his upper arm and smiled as a farewell.

A deep growl sounded, which made them twitch in surprise. Just in time, the demon dodged two sharp claws that almost slashed her arm. She backed away and looked into two ice-blue eyes. In front of her stood an angry succubus demon with outstretched wings, tail and claws. Lucan's arms prevented Zack from attacking her, for which she was grateful.

What the hell? she thought and took a few more steps back. Lucan had reacted instinctively and held his speeding mate. "Zack, what's wrong?" he asked, confused, trying to reassure him.

"Kakua ni tara na lomaqu," Zack grumbled.

What? "Paola. Go, please," he said to the general, who immediately withdrew, like the others.

Shortly thereafter, they were alone in the courtyard. "Zack, Nyiam, talk to me," Lucan said in a worried voice.

Zack calmed down and turned to face him. The blue disappeared from his eyes and they turned brown. Wordlessly, Zack nestled into the crook of his demon's neck and sighed as he inhaled his scent.

A seductive scent of lilies and honey ensnared Lucan and teased his cat and eagle. "Let's go inside, Nyiam, I've missed you," he whispered in Zack's ear, lifting him up. Normally, he wouldn't let that happen, but this time he held on to Lucan without protest. They went to their bedchamber, directly to the washroom, where they undressed. Zack had pulled in his wings, but his succubus tail was still wrapped around Lucan's forearm.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me," Zack whispered, not daring to look his demon in the face. He had embarrassed Lucan in front of his men. A warm hand rested on his cheek and pulled him up in a kiss.

"It's all right, Nyiam. You are my mate and they know it." Lucan's reaction was surprising, as Zack was rather reserved. They both sat down in the warm water and Zack snuggled into his demon's embrace.

"What happened, Nyiam?" he asked affectionately.

"I... She touched you. I don't know why, but that flipped a switch in me, I don't know why," Zack said softly.

Jealousy, that is. That doesn't suit him. Then he felt Zack's lips on his neck, a warm tongue running over his pulse.

Yalo, I'm hungry.

When Lucan heard Zack's voice clearly in his head, he was confused. A slight pain twitched through his body as Zack sank his fangs into him, then a deep relaxation followed.

Don't let them touch you again. You're mine.

This time he was one hundred percent sure that Zack was sending him his thoughts, because he was drinking, so he couldn't speak. How? "Zack, are you talking to me in your mind?" he asked his sweetheart.

Yes. That was clear. Lucan didn't know what to say, he was too overwhelmed.

Slowly, Zack released and licked his lips after closing the wounds. He looked deep into his demon's eyes. "This is a skill that has awakened with my Deva side. Aleksander and Belial can do it too," he said. Aleks had been clear, only Lucan was allowed to know about it.

"Unbelievable," Lucan replied, dumbfounded. He's amazing. He would find out later, now he wanted to feel his mate. Gently, he pulled Zack to his lips and kissed him affectionately, enjoying his taste. The kiss gradually became more intense, more passionate.

Zack looked at him expectantly, but Lucan turned him back so that he sat with his back to him between his legs.

*************SMUT SCENE *****************