Aleks closed his eyes and took a deep breath, then the memories came back little by little. He really took me to heaven. What about Belial? Worry rose in Aleks. He looked around. White walls, hardly any furnishings. Is this my prison? He cautiously tried to straighten up, but failed. He heard a door open and close, then white wings appeared in his field of vision.

"Please take it easy, you are hurt," a male voice rang out.

"Who are you?" Aleks' hoarse voice rang out. The brown-haired angel took a glass of water and poured it into Aleks mouth. It was good for his dry throat and relieved the pain. Medicine? Aleks relaxed, and the pain subsided somewhat.

"My name is Gadriel. I don't know what happened, but the Sire arrived with your badly injured body and took care of you," the angel said, looking at him kindly.

So he didn't say anything and acted as my savior? A pejorative sound came from Aleks' lips that made Gadriel flinch. "Is everything alright? Shall I fetch the Sire?" he asked anxiously.

Aleks' eyes spoke volumes, for Gadriel saw only disgust in them. Was that what Raphael meant? Why does his son hate him?

"I'd rather die than accept his help."

This made the angel flinch again, for he heard the sound of truth. Sacred gods.

"Why?" he said. Blue eyes looked at him with a scrutinizing look.

"I don't know what Raphael is to you, but for me he is the one who almost killed me and then kidnapped me from the arms of my mate, whom he wanted to kill."

Gadriel's eyes widened, frightened. "He would never do that," he blurted out.

"Do you hear me lying?" Aleks asked, who now renounced the polite form out of anger. The realization came into the eyes of the angel.

"Then he had a good reason, or you got it wrong," he stammered.

Aleks almost felt sorry for him. "Then explain one thing to me, why am I wearing a slave ring, or whatever that is, if he is my savior?"

Gadriel bit his lower lip because he didn't know the answer.

Aleks didn't want to torment the angel any further. "Please leave, I don't want company."

He nodded briefly and then left the room.

In Aleks' mind's eye, the face of his lover and his son appeared. "I miss you," he sobbed.

It took three days for Aleks to get up, dragging himself to the washroom like an invalid. His wings had retracted as soon as they healed, but his bones were still sore and painful. He quickly realized that he could no longer unfold the wings, which was probably due to the shackle. All his abilities were also sealed, so he was an angel without wings and powers in heaven, Raphael's helpless prisoner.

Anger welled up in him and he slammed against the mirror, in which his miserable self was reflected. It broke and bloody shards fell into the sink. The wound was burning, but Aleks ignored the pain and began to wash.

Without clothes, he went to the wardrobe and saw that it was filled with angel robes. You're kidding me. He wouldn't be walking around in those sacks playing the angel. Where are my clothes?