chapter 8: Selene gives even Nico the creeps

Chapter 8: Selene gives even Nico the creeps

Inspiration song : Haunted, taylor swift

Percys POV

The walk to the cabin where supposedly Selene was waiting or a messenger whoever the heck it was, was waiting took FAR Too long in my opinion. Annabeths hand stayed permanently in mine fingers woven together in a tight clench of reassured "Im here"'s .

The cabin door was shut , the heavy wood warped and damaged from the battle . "Is that blood?" Frank whispers behind me but I ignore the thought. No getting depressed now. "We'll figure that out later." I say softly, trying hard not to worry about whose blood that was.

When the cabin door opened, i was surprised to see Hermes. God of messengers.

"Why am I surprised hermes? Got something to tell me buddy?" I cross my arms and stand defensively in front of Annabeth, keeping her as close as possible. Hermes held up his hands " look kid. I'm the god of messengers. I don't get to choose who I send messages for or give messages to."

"So - he's saying- don't shoot the messenger?" Leo joked earning himself an eye roll from hermes. "Hephestus's boy?" Hermes questioned raising an amused eyebrow. "Yup! Good ole daddy dearest." leo grinned causing hermes to also crack a smile. " pity, you remind me of a few of my own." leo's mischievous grin grows even larger at this enormous compliment from the god of thieves and messengers.

"Alright, what does Selene want?" Annabeth quietly groans. "She has several demands but the most important one is sealed in this letter to you Percy." hermes extends a rolled up scroll the size and thickness of my forearm.

Hermes handed Annabeth two more scrolls and then handed Leo his messenger bag. ( I assume it was a spare or at least that's what I hoped.)

"What-?" I try to ask but the god of messengers is already gone.

The letter or rather list of demands from Selene was quite long and she was incredibly abrasive. If she wasn't goddess of the moon I would have assumed she was a kid of Ares. That guy hates me, and I do mean hates. Ever since I whooped his butt when I was 12 on that beach in Santa monica, the god of war has had it out for me.

Selene's first scroll, the personal letter to me, was incredibly long and incredibly emotionally damaging to anyone who dared read it.

To whom it may concern. Or percy Jackson. Either or.

You have until the end of the summer solstice to bring back my chariot, oxes and my crescent from hades palace OR every day you stall one child i have taken from camp half blood shall be crushed by the weight of the sky and moon together. Make your choice. Oh and also tell zeus that im coming for his throne.

Because the scroll letter thingy was magic and filled with intense power, at the bottom it played what i prayed wasn't a live action recording.

"AGH!" Bianca screamed holding up the moon on one shoulder and the sky on the other shoulder, her knees wobbled from where she was sitting on them but she remained strong, her long brown braids blowing in front of her face. Tears ran down her face as she struggled to remain strong. " Percy!!" Annabeth cried out burying her face in my shirt sobbing. Suddenly the picture stopped and the scroll began to disintegrate in my hands burning at my skin.

"Agh!" i cried out dropping the thing but the noise never reached the ground , it was ashes before a flitter of paper could even brush the floor.

"Well thats just GREAT!!!" Leo cried out kicking the nearest thing he could find. Accidentally being Frank's leg. "HEY!" Frank yelled out pushing Leo back. "Watch it!"