chapter 5: Things back home go..... swimmingly

Chapter 5: things back home go .... Swimmingly.

Jason's pov

As soon as his parents, the greatest demigods of all time , boarded the flying ship with the rest of their old friends it began to creak away slowly . the old boat creaked and moaned in protest with a mini table top Coach hedge (whoever that was) shouting PUT SOME CLOTHES ON at every opportunity, they were gone.

Jason turned to his sister and the rest of the campers who were waiting in sorrow as their hopes of going on a quest were now dashed. "Well- what do we do now?" Bianca asked her gray eyes sparkling with mischief. "PARTY TIMEEE!" Grover shouted , his curly hair that once had been dark was now turning a gray color. His own faun nymph-lings were dotted throughout the crowd of cheering screaming campers. " I think this calls for capture the flag!!!" Edmund , or eddy Valdez , Leo's son , shouted raising his sword high. "ALL NIGHT LONG!!!" Bianca cheered , her eyes flitting to Edmund's then looking away shyly, both of them blushing. Jason decided it would be best to ignore it. "Alright!! We convene in an hour!!! Poseidon , Athena , Hephaestus , Zeus, and hades You're with me." Jason shouted waving on the crowds of children that were screaming with joy and the thrill Of mock warfare. Within an hour teams and bases were devised, both lovingly shouting threats at each other. Bianca stood high on a hill top surveying their side. "Alright, Valdez is with me. Jason you take Athena, zeus and hades up towards thalias ridge, stay hidden and wait for my signal. Hepheastus , you guys set traps and hide the flag okay? Lots of traps." Jason had to admit, his sister had her bases covered. While the blue team was conversing, the other cabins, or the red team were also planning. Hermes and Ares were the ones mainly in charge in that aspect. Now the two leaders of each cabin stood on the shore screaming at each other as they disagreed on where to place their flag. The Satyr trotted over to go make them sing something called the consensus song. Soon the disagreement disappeared and they ran off to hide their flag. Everyone ran to the mess hall grabbing and shoving whatever provisions they could in their backpacks. This game was going to last all night. Then it was on , well , as soon as Grover read off the long list of boring rules.

"No maiming!! No killing!! First blood is allowed but if you are disarmed , you are dead! The teams may engage in mock battles erect forts, take hostages, but again no maiming or killing okay? LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!" Another satyr blew the giant conch horn and both teams let out battle cries filled with joy, and rage.

The blue team let out a " HUH!" And clanged their shields raising swords high. The red team also let out a battle cry only it seemed more intense and filled with rage. As teams ran off into the woods some stayed at the front lines fighting and holding back the other sides troops. Jason had the front line experience while his sister and Edmund ran off into the woods their teams following close behind. "RETREAT!" He called to his team who were scattered across the battlefield in various states of "death" or wounded or still fighting . Hostages were being gathered for both sides, Charlotte "Charlie" daughter of Clarisse and also daughter of Ares jeered at Jason showing off the hostages she had taken from his team. One of which being jasons best friend, a son of hades named lucius, Lucky for short. He waved, his dark eyes saddened at having being taken captive. "I'll come back for you!!" jason promised waving his sword in the air and ordering his troops into a retreat, a return to their fort. Well, the Hermes and Hades cabins as they were the closest two. Inside they tended to their wounded, barricaded the doors, ate, some slept even if they had just woken up a few hours before.

(Bianca's POV)

As soon as Bianca and Edmund ran into the woods with their teams racing behind them, Bianca made the mistake of looking back. She saw her brother locked in combat with two children of Ares at once. She really didn't regret looking back, Jason was an absolute BEAST on the battlefield just like those stories Mom told about Dad. "Bianca!" Edmunds voice snapped her out of her thoughts and she quickly brought her mind back to the present.

"Hurry! We have to get the flag to the hepheatus cabin!" she cried, striking down an Ares camper. "Run! I'll hold them off!" she yelled, waving Edmund on. He looked back at her in regret but with a short battle cry his small team was off, racing through the woods. Needless to say, Bianca was quickly taken hostage, the Ares campers cheering with their spoils of war. They marched back to the Ares cabin and threw her inside with the rest of the hostages. Amongst the crowd of children and teenagers, there was a grown man crouched down in the corner. Ignoring her better judgment Bianca walked over to him and quietly asked, " excuse me? Who are you?" and what happened next seemed to be only the beginning of her Nightmares. The man looked up, smiled eerily and said " I'm Atlas. Its a pleasure to meet you Daughter of Percius Jackson."

His hands lashed out and caught her by the throat and mouth muffling her screams for help. No one even seemed to look up or see her. When Bianca squinted to see more detail she saw they were all somehow asleep. "What do you want?!" she managed to say even if the words came out distorted and completely wrong. " oh, just the normal things, world peace, longer naps, revenge." Atlas let go of her mouth and throat for a moment and Bianca took that opportunity to Scream out " JASON!!!!! JASON!!!! HELP!!!"

"Shut up!" Atlas yelled throwing her down on the hard ground as if she weighed no more than a few pounds. Something hard and cold had made an indent in her temple as blood began to flow down one side of her face. Before the darkness completely swallowed her vision she saw what had hit her head. A brick, how appropriate. WIth that final thought she slipped away into unconscious pain.

Jasons POV

The battle was RAGING outside the Ares cabin, thats where the hostages were being held or so Jason suspected. So he led his troops on a fighting rampage towards the cabin. But after a few moments the battle seemed to stand still as a scream broke through the air. " JASON!!! JASON!!! HELP!!!"

BIANCA!!!

Jason took off running for the Ares cabin not caring how many kids he probably nearly stabbed with his sword. When he made it finally to the large metal and wood door of the ares cabin it wasnt braced at all or even guarded which was unusual. But ignoring the warning feeling in his gut, Jason shoved open the door to find over a hundred campers sitting staring at him with wide blank eyes. "I'm here to rescue you..." he said, waving his hand in front of Lucky's face. The boy didn't even blink. He just sat staring blankly at the wall. "Freaky..." Jason whispered his eyes finally adjusting to the darkness of the cabin.

Over in the corner he saw a grown man crouched over the small and limp form of a girl. Bianca. "Get away from her!!" he shouted raising his sword and slicing it down over the mans neck.

What happened next was quite a blur for Jason to comprehend. The sword passed harmlessly through the mans neck and when He turned up and looked at jason, the ugliest most scarred and horrific face he had ever seen was staring back at him in disgust. "Is that all you've got for me boy? Seriously, i expected the son of Percy jackson and Annabeth Chase to have more gusto." the creep seemed almost- disappointed? Huh. weird.

"What do you want, you cyclops looking creep?" Jason wished he had some advantage here, but name calling could only do so much. " My name is Atlas and you've probably heard of me, but basically I'm here to take all of you important demigods home with me and write a ransom note for your parents, and boom shaka boom, your back home! Traumatized but home." the god had the audacity to look pleased with himself. Jason held his sword higher " yeah not happening creepo. Just go back to holding up the sky and i won't tell dad."

"No thanks." Atlas lowered his hands and a wave of inky black darkness thick like hot syryp covered the whole camp choking anyone breathing. Jason managed to crawl to Bianca and grasp her hand before the blackness completely overtook them. Atlas continued to laugh as every single camper was soon unconscious in a state of writhing agony. "Just wait Percy jackson. You'll hear from me soon. Very soon."