⇅𝚃𝚢𝚛𝚊⇅

Chapter 21: In Comes Tyra

'𝟿𝟻

ShopRite

▍Shontae swiftly swiped the hangers holding various outfits for infants with an unimpressed expression. None of them seemed to catch her eye—

until,

"Ooo, girl!" She dramatically exclaimed, earning a puzzled look from the silent individual who accompanied her on this store run. The particular clothing item excitedly got pulled from the rack and held up for a clear presentation.

Venus analyzed the miniature set with an unsure look. It was a pink romper featuring a black cursive text on the front reading, I Got It From My Mama, along with a floral skirt and matching bow headband.

"Ain't this cute?"

"Mm, hm!" The woman sheepishly agreed and watched as the ensemble was seconds from being tossed inside the basket full of necessities. "But I think we have enough clothes."

Enough was an understatement. The expecting parents have clothes stacked until their baby is at least three.

Dalvin didn't trust anyone's styling techniques except for his own—and he'll be damned if someone bought something way out of his taste range for his child. So, the only way to prevent that is to purchase the outfits himself.

"Ya know, I don't know why y'all are buyin' up every little thing," Shontae criticized while putting the outfit back on the rack. "The purpose of having a baby is so everyone else can provide for it! Your only job is to have it."

Venus nervously smiled and nodded at the egoistic ideology.

.

.

.

As the two women inched further up the long line at the checkout area, Shontae figured it'd be the perfect time to ask what's been wearing heavy on her mind.

"Why don't you like hanging out with me?"

Venus peered her focus from the plethora of items inside the cart to the woman stating the inquiry with a frown. "What do you mean, Shonny?"

"When we not all togetha as a group, you always seem to be around the other girls more separately," she crossed her arms following the observations. "You always up under that high-priced chick like she the hottest thing out. You and Crystal have been talking a lot, and it seems like I have to drag you up out of the house for you to spend some time with me alone—like I did this morning," an annoyed scoff sounded. "And you've known me longer than them two heffas!"