⇅𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝙸𝚗 ⇅

Chapter 15: LockDown

  ▍ DeVanté turned the key inside the ignition to the left and sighed in relief, reclining in his seat

After a busy day of running errands and handling business for his radio show, he finally had the chance to return home and unwind at a decent hour before having to get up tomorrow and do it all over again.

Fortunately, his girlfriend, brother, and friends were all at the movies, allowing him to have the entire house to himself, a rare occurrence in that crazy household.

He briefly shook his head, getting out of his ramped thoughts, and exited the vehicle into the dark atmosphere.

The male couldn't help but feel eerie as he proceeded closer to the front door of his spacious home.

Looking closer, he noticed the door open a jar, allowing the cold air to enter.

"Told them clowns to stop leaving the door open," DeVante voiced his thoughts in an annoyed tone.

He pushed the door inward, entering the residence.

All the lights were off, and it was nothing but pure silence—appearing absent of people, but that didn't stop him from his lecture.

"Aye! I told you all to stop leaving the door open. Now you got my shit freezing—I know it was you K-Ci."

Waiting for a half-assed apology, he occupied himself by taking off his jacket and hanging it up on the hanger by the door.

From his perspective, the living room was noticeable. The glass table in front of the couch got destroyed—its shattering pieces rested on the rug, all furniture sets got dislodged in awkward angles, and other household items previously placed in different rooms were now broken on the ground.

"What the fuck—which one of you ghetto mothafuckas tore up my living room?"

No remarks, once again. It was abnormal to be quiet for this long. Someone would've said something by now. But the thought didn't cross DeVante's mind. He was more so concerned about who's ass he was going to beat and who would be paying for the damages.

He began going off while stomping his way upstairs to his bedroom.

"See, this is why you can never do anything nice for niggas. They always take cold advantage. You all ain't got no home training. Who raised y'all, forreal? Cave men? You know what, I don't care if you ain't got nowhere to stay, cause when I catch you, yo ass is finna be outside tonight along wit yo woman—" He stopped his nagging once he arrived outside his bedroom.