⇅𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝙳𝚞𝚗-𝚗𝚒𝚝?⇅

Chapter 8: Who-Din-Dun-It?

'𝟫𝟧

Venus repeatedly tapped her nails against the glass table. She focused her eyes on her hands as they danced against the solid object, making a clicking sound. The only light available was from the single bulb dangling from above.

Her lips sunk in nervously as she heard movement from behind. The sound gradually got closer, making her more jittery.

She looked up, and her gaze met with a familiar individual sitting across. He had an unreadable expression as he silently analyzed her anxious body language.

"Well, well, well," Dalvin dragged, "look who we have here."

The room fell silent, making the two resume their intense stare-off.

"I'm glad you could join me, Venus."

Her head tilted slightly as her brows furrowed. "What do you mean, Dally? I live here—"

"Silence!" He exclaimed, slamming his hands on the table.

Simultaneously, a roar of thunder sounded off in the room, and a lightning strike could be noticed from the other side of the window, causing Venus to flinch.

"Don't speak. And it's Detective Killa to you."

Venus gulped and settled more into her chair, choosing to comply.

Since it was quiet once again, Dalvin decided to begin his questioning. He reached the end of the table to grab a yellow envelope.

"Where were you on Tuesday, July fourth, nineteen ninety-five?"

As he waited for an answer, he began to open the long square object and pull out several pictures.