⇅𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ⇅

Stay tuned for a surprise at the end

Chapter 5: One Helluva Night

𝐃𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐀𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐀

𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐀

'𝟫𝟧

7:00 P.M.

    ▍The two men stood in front of their apartment complex in silence—watching a variety of speedy vehicles drive past to get to their destination. One wore a white long-sleeve dress shirt with black slacks, while the other sported an oversized black T-shirt with jeans.

Since it was starting to get dark, they decided to stand directly in front of the door, where a dimmed light shined above them. Although their area wasn't known for high crime rates compared to other neighborhoods, you can never be too careful.

"So, JoJo," K-Ci began speaking while leaning against the wall, "How's life?"

The male turned his head over to his brother with his face scrunched, "Good, I guess."

He nodded at the answer and proceeded to ask more questions.

"Everything good at home?"

JoJo glanced towards the door and then back at the man, "We live in the same home."

"Right, right," K-Ci exhaled at the factual statement.

"Are you—"

"Why do you keep asking me questions?"

A car honking at a truck to proceed driving after the green light flashed occupied the men's attention before one of them spoke up.