Chapter 2: Captive

Philip was clearing his plate as he and the, twenty or so, other residents of Bio-Org finished their dinner

Philip was clearing his plate as he and the, twenty or so, other residents of Bio-Org finished their dinner. When the main door to the facility slid open and a scientist walked in carrying the usual white bag. He had learned over the years that the bag held the injections that they had been administering to the residents.

The scientist walked into the clinical room and all the residents shared worried looks. Everyone then focused on their cuffs waiting to see who would be summoned to the Clinical room.

One of the young men, let out a yelp of surprise when his cuffs began to vibrate and glow. He somberly got up and walked over to the clinical room. No sooner had he got in, when all the other residents, except for Philip, scattered.

Philip calmly got up and walked closer to the glass wall separating him from the clinic inside and watched as the scientist situated the young man in the chair and got all his tools ready. The scientist seemed to be waiting for something, or someone.

His wait was not long, a few minutes later Mr

His wait was not long, a few minutes later Mr. Rutherford emerged from behind the facility's main door. He wore a smug look on his face, and was almost skipping for joy as he was walking towards the clinic. Philip crossed his arms and clenched his fists in an attempt to steady the rising feeling of hatred he had towards this man. If it were up to him, and if he didn't have the dreaded cuffs on, he would wipe that smug look off Rutherford's face and it would only take a second.

"It's a really great day today Subject 1, wouldn't you agree?" Rutherford said cheerily as he patted Philip on the shoulder while standing next to him looking at the two men in the clinic.

"Here to murder more innocent people?" Philip asked, trying to hide all trace of emotion from his voice.

"Actually, just this morning I hired more brilliant minds. We are on the verge of a breakthrough, I can feel it!" Rutherford responded.

With that, the scientist inside waved at Rutherford, signaling that they are ready to administer the injection. Rutherford scanned his ID at the door and went inside standing at the foot of the chair. The scientist injected the boy slowly, giving Rutherford small glances as he was administering it. All was quiet for a split second, then the young man began screaming and thrashing, his veins gave off a faint blue glow before he slumped back, motionless.