6. Eyes like Citrines

I'm starting to have some regrets...

I rack my brain. What kind of spirit had possessed me to do that to him? My cheeks are flushed, and my heart aches for something. Likely escape.

Amaimon had stayed quiet after I placed the sugary treat in his mouth, gosh. I wasn't stupid. I saw his gaze shift and his body stiffen. He bit down on the candy, chomping it down and spitting the stick at the trash can.

I couldn't be in awe of his skills, though. There was a hot feeling in the air. Every breath I took felt like a drug entering my system, and with that, I couldn't help but notice things I couldn't before.

Do not look down. Do not look down.

I'm already expecting the worst, as my e/c eyes refuse to glance down at a possible hard. Difficult. Problem.

In the midst of my overthinking session, a loud sigh erupts from the lanky man in front of me. The space that I tried to keep between us, already so small, was broken in an instant. He grabbed my waist and pressed me up against his body. What. I yelp and stutter.

"Hey! Amaimon, I'm sorry. Please, my king, please calm thyself!" I spoke utter nonsense. Gosh, what am I telling him right now? In my defense, when had a man ever before broken into my store and grabbed me as sensually as this? Never. My heart raced even quicker, and I dared not to move. My eyesight became hazy, and I tried to focus my attention on everything, but his face and the problem lower down.

I was pressed tightly against his body, which was easily felt through his coat and shirt... I shudder and try to shake the sinful thoughts away. Now there was no question that this man was a demon. Dear God, whoever hears me, please save me, for I have sinned. I promise I will repent after this is over; how could I lust over a demon? Praise the Lord.

"Y/N." A light but low whisper grazed my ears. I felt every word; his breath tickled my ear. Oh god. This is it. Is this the day I lose my purity to a demon? What happens next? Do I become his slave in some castle in Gehenna? Or will he be a player and leave me after the first time? Why am I just accepting this!? I place my shaking hands firmly against his hard... strong... chest to create distance. He did not budge.

"A-Amaimon. Please calm down. Can we talk about this? Over a cup of coffee, maybe?" I plead with him, but my feverish words betray my meaning.

How long had I longed for a sliver of affection in this lonely and hard life? I never had time for romance. My late childhood was spent studying, then working and trying to stay afloat, living pay-check to pay-check. For this once, could I experience romance without having to think of marriage and every other responsibility thrown my way?

I gulped down loudly, a big one I had held in because of the tense situation. I feel frightened yet excited. I turn my head up and finally look at the quiet man, who hasn't said anything but my name.

There he is. The man I barely know yet am so close to. His face turned to me, and the early-morning sun that peeked through the curtain reflected on his face. His golden eyes, which resemble citrines, stare into my e/c eyes feverishly. His cheeks were decorated by a slight flush, which must've been only a fraction of the redness my face had.

I was not an idiot, but I still felt foolish in the moment. Yes, that's it. Whatever comes now, it's because I'm young and foolish. Fuck.

"Y/N, can I touch you?" Amaimon asks with a voice that sounded more dragged than a few seconds before. He looked as if he were holding something back. My hands twitched on his chest, and I could almost feel his heartbeat quicken on the tips of my fingers.

"Isn't it a bit... too late to be asking that?" I smile shyly. He was already pulling me into his body and whispering my name into my ear. I felt a laugh bubble in my stomach, which came out as a small snicker.