Doomsday; Part Three

April 7th, 2014

Summerville, California

Mr. Blake put me into one of the black vans. But he himself took another. All this was happening so quickly, I didn't quite understand it all. One thing was for certain; I needed to act fast, or my death would be close at hand.

Four men, or at least I think they were men, sat around me. All of them armed, and ready to put a bullet in my head if I even sneezed. It was funny that they thought they were safe. With their guns, and their body armor. A black glass wall separated us from the front of the vehicle, like the ones you see in taxi cabs, or police vans.

We started to move. I couldn't see where we were, but I didn't need to. It didn't matter. We wouldn't be leaving the town. It occurred to me, as soon as Mr. Blake threatened Isabelle that no amount of training would prepare me for what I was. I either had to plunge off the deep end, or succumb to weakness and failure. Nobody would hurt her, not if they wanted to live.

"So, would any of you like to beg for mercy?" I asked the four men.

One of them raised their hand to me. "Shut the he-" he choked. How dare he? How dare he raise a hand to me, a god.

"Hernandez? Are you okay?" One of the other men asked.

"Hernandez, I think you should let me out of this car before I kill all of your friends." I said.

The three other men pointed their sidearms at me. All of them were pathetic, I hope they feel strong, so I could show them how weak they really are. I looked at Hernandez and nodded. In quick succession he shot the three men square in the head.

"Don't forget the driver." I said. He put his gun up against the glass and pulled the trigger. The car suddenly veered off course and slammed into something. "The door, Hernandez." I demanded. The man got out and held the vans door wide open. He was a good little puppet, but my use for him had come to an end. "And now yourself." I said.

He put the pistol to his head and pulled the trigger. Blood and brain sprayed over the pavement. He dropped down like a doll that I had grown bored of playing with. The aroma was sweet, freshly spilled blood, like roses on the tongue.

Strange, we had split from the rest of the convoy? But why? Surely it wouldn't have mattered, within seconds everyone would have died anyway. I was only a block away from my house, I would take refuge and use it as my fortress.

I ran as fast as I could, and surprisingly nobody stopped me. I rushed inside and locked the door. Kicked off my shoes and then started up towards my room. I did however forget one minor detail about my home. My mother. She was slumped against the wall, bottle in her hand. I didn't have time for this.

"Mom? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Mom? Are you okay?" she said mockingly. "I thought I told you to not come home?" God, was this really happening now? Of all times.

"Mom, you need to list-" she threw the bottle at my head, the glass shattered against my skull. She barged forward, and raised her hand to hit me. But then she stopped, I flicked my wrist and she was frozen.

"Oh?" I said aloud. "My entire life, you have caused me nothing but pain." I popped my index finger and her left arm snapped, bone jutting from her skin spraying blood onto the carpet. "And why? Why did you do it? I needed you, I needed my mother." She couldn't scream, I wouldn't let her.

I flicked my wrist again, and she flew across the room, her head slammed against a shelf. She started to convulse and choke on her own blood, just as I had. She would die, just as I had. But for her, there would be no resurrection. No Avalon, nothing but the coldest blackest hell I could send her too. She deserved nothing more and nothing less.