Tired

Tighnari rubbed his temples tiredly. Glancing over at the clock, he was reminded of just how late it was. All-nighters seemed to be a staple of college, especially at a place like the Akedemia. He sighed, and pushed back his chair from his desk. 

He was at the library, at 1 am. He had a test later at 3 pm, and he wanted badly to pass. The only real motivation he had was that he'd see Cyno soon. 

The two were best friends, and it had been that way for a long time. But recently, things seemed a bit weirder. Tighnari was still a virgin, and had never been in a relationship before, so he wasn't sure exactly what he was feeling. As far as he knew, Cyno wasn't a virgin, and was more experienced than Tighnari was. 

Cyno kept his sex life out of discussion, and Tighnari accepted that. As a forest watcher, he'd seen a lot of things, but Cyno—naked—was not one of them. His job was steady enough, but he wanted a higher pay, so he decided to go back to college to get a more advanced degree. Cyno, however, was fine with being the General Mahamatra. 

Despite Tighnari begging, Cyno refused to return. Along with Alhaitham, the two silver-haired men held a strong hatred for Azar. 

He clicked his tongue and spun himself in his chair. He took a deep breath and picked up his pen again, focusing himself back on his textbook.

Unknowingly, Tighnari fell asleep, face first into the book. He awoke again around 5 am, to a text from Cyno.

(Over text:)

Cyno--Hey Nari you awake

Tighnari--Yeah y

Cyno-Were you doing another all-nighter

Tighnari--Yeah

Cyno--You need to sleep you bitch

Tighnari--I'm sorrrrryyyyy but I need good gradesssss

Cyno--Just sleep. Plz

Tighnari--k gn

(End of text)

Tighnari turned off his phone, and stood up tiredly. He grabbed the book, cracked his knuckles, and started to walk out of the library. As he exited the building, the cold air hit his skin and he shivered. Tightly grasping at his sides for warmth, he made his way back to his dorm.

Quietly he tiptoed to his bedroom, trying not to wake up his roommates. Once he entered his room, he sighed heavily and collapsed into his bed. Because he was so tired, it didn't take long until he fell asleep. 

~

Tighnari awoke once again at 8 am, to another text from Cyno. 

(Over text:)

Cyno--Tighnari get the fuck up

Tighnari--I WAS SLEEPING WHAT DO YOU WANT

Cyno--Go outside

Tighnari--Why

Cyno--Just go outside 

(End of text)

Tighnari sighed and scratched his back as he stood up. Too lazy to put on actual clothing, he put a sweatshirt on and headed outside. He was pleasantly surprised to see Cyno waiting for him outside the dorm. 

"Hey Nari." Cyno said.

"Sup. Why do you want me for though? I barely slept last night." Tighnari replied groggily.

"That's your own fault, dumbass." Cyno said unenthusiastically. 

"I know, I know." 

"Anyways wanna get breakfast?" Cyno asked. Tighnari nodded and the two set off. After they had been walking for a while, Tighnari was growing curious.

"Hey, where exactly are you taking me? We passed all the breakfast joints..." He asked. Cyno said nothing for a moment and took a deep breath.

"You'll see." He said, expression still blank.