Driven Determination

Start from the beginning

"Come, NRC Tribe!" Rook waves a hand. "Let us away to the field of battle!"

You stay backstage as the boys take their places. You hold Grim close, you feel your nerves jumping. You know they can do this from all the practices you've seen, but you don't know how the audience would react. The announcer shouts excitedly into the microphone.

"It's the moment you've all been waiting for! Here, at the National Arcane Academy Culture Fair at Night Raven College! The Song & Dance Championship musical presentation is about to begin!"

The crowd cheers as the curtains part and show the boys on stage. Spotlights shine down on each of them.

"Introducing our first performance! It's the entrants from the school hosting the culture fair, Night Raven College, performing'Absolutely Beautiful!'"

The crowd cheers as the song starts. The familiar tune plays and the boys begin singing. From backstage, you can see the boys preforming their hardest. Putting every effort they have into this song.

When the song ends, they strike the final pose. The boys try to catch their breath as the audience applauds and cheers wildly. You set Grim down and clap your hands. You can hear some of the audience cheers for the boys.

"Viill!"

"Beautiful! So beautiful!"

"Bravo! Bravo! Bravissimo! Wonderful!"

"You are mazing!"

"Wow!" The announcer speaks. "A full-audience standing ovation, right from the first song! Those were the Night Raven College entrants, led by Vil Schoenheit in an incredible opening performance!"

The boys bow and wave to the audience.

"Thank you, everyone." Vil smiles. "I'll see you all again!"

"Merci! I hope you'll stick around and enjoy the rest of the acts!" Rook waves his hat while he walks off stage.

Kalim bounces on his toes. "Thank you for listening to our song, everybody! That was a blast!"

The boys walk backstage. You rush over to greet them.

"You guys were so amazing!"

Deuce's cheeks tinge pink. "You really think so?"

You nod. "Yeah! That had to be your best performance."

"Y/N's right." Ace grins. "We totally rocked!"

Vil rubs his eyes. "Come on. Let's head back to the dressing room."

You and the boys walk back to the dressing rooms. Once in the hallway, Vil collapses. Rook catches him just before he falls.

"Vil!" You rush over and help Rook set him down gently.

Rook looks to one of the staff members. "Someone, bring me a spray bottle and bandages!"

Several staff scurry off. Vil looks to you and weakly holds your hand. "I stayed standing on the stage to the very end, didn't I?"

You softly smile. "Yes, you really did."

"The whole team did." Rook nods.

Worry flashes in Epel's eyes. "Vil, you really pulled it off..."

Ace kneels beside you. "You didn't miss a single note or step."

"You've got some serious guts, Vil." Deuce adds.

Rook looks to everyone. "Vil isn't the only one deserving of praise. That was the finest performance yet for each and every one of you. I'm proud to have shared the stage with you all."