56

"What happened, do you know?" Legolas asked gently. Draco rolled his eyes. He had no idea, and that was what scared him more than anything. He had no idea what was going on, no idea why there was something that had infiltrated his barriers...which was more terrifying than anything else. Something had been strong enough to not just break through his occlumency, but to straight up shatter them. It left him shivering even now that the entity was retreated from his mind. He had no idea how to handle this revelation. What would happen if that thing decided they wanted to do it again? What would happen if whatever it was decided they could use him? He was going to be fucked.

His magic swirled around him, getting more and more upset at the thought of being used once again by a dark lord. Was one not enough? Voldermort and his father clearly not bad enough for his life now he had to deal with not just Sauron, but something else too? Why...why was he having to deal with all of this? It was annoying at best and made him...well..angry. Why did he have to deal with all of this? Why did he have to handle this alone? At least he did not have a father handing him over like some sort of desert to peruse as his father had done with Lord Voldermort. That was a positive-but he had no idea how the King would react. This was a danger, for certain, on his lands...would he be willing to sacrifice him for the safety of his people? It would be an offer that Draco would have chosen if he was in the same position...one person for a whole horde of people?

Perhaps he posed some sort of value to the King now though. He had mentioned how Draco was to be kept under watch, likely due to his relation with Legolas, though even Draco was not entirely certain what was going on there. Were they friends? Where they something else? He had no idea, but he did know they were subject and Prince...and that was something Draco could understand, and follow. Following orders, following expectations...it was what he had done his entire life. He was just glad that he did not have to do the same to Thranduil, as much as he may fall in line towards him. After all, while Draco did not have to follow Thranduil's orders, Legolas did. But was that enough to save him? Just how interested he was in Legolas, and how interested Legolas was in him?

It seemed rather unlikely. It was certainly not enough for his father, and hadn't been...but who knows. Thranduil seemed better than his father in many ways already, and Draco had not even been around that long, although he was still concerned with whatever was going on with Haldir. Even despite knowing that, Draco was not confident he was actually any safer now than he had been before. After all, if even his own father was willing to just hand him over, why would an Elven King he had no relation with not react the same? It was folly to think he was any safer than he had ever been, which was not safe at all. He had no idea what that thing was, but he did not want to find out-it was just his luck to have caught the attentions of yet another evil entity, though, and that was something that left him angry and nervous all in one. He had enough dark entities using him for their means and leaving him in the dust to try and salvage whatever was left of himself.

"I do," He muttered to Legolas. Legolas seemed to sigh in relief at that. Draco supposed it was an understandable reaction, still, he found himself annoyed by it. Here he was totally broken apart and yet Legolas was able to be relaxed? How...lucky for him.

It was cruel, to think like that. He had no idea how long Legolas had been staring at his bed, wondering if he would ever wake up again. He thought that perhaps that was worse than actually going through the pain itself. It also probably did not help that neither him nor his father had any idea what the hell was going on. Draco tried to think about things from Legolas' view, but he really did not have the energy to put towards it. Especially not as the door opened and the King entered, his crystal eyes staring at Draco amused.

"So you are awake, now...are you?"