Not quite the same

"I swear father," Draco said pleadingly to the one standing above him, practically looming over him a figure of torment and terror, black spots dancing over his eyes as a testament of the pain he was in. "I have told you everything I know, I do not know anything more, and I swear I am not hiding anything, I would not dare." Tears threatening to fall, which he desperately tried to hold back, not wishing to seem weak, though it was clear to the man before him that was precisely what he was when Draco was within his presence.

"You may say this," Lucius said gently, twirling his wand around his fingers, watching with a sort of sick satisfaction as Draco watched the movement with worry in his eyes. "And perhaps you do not dare most of the time, but I know that you are hiding something from me, Draconis..." Oh gods he had said his full name, nothing good ever happened when his full name was spoken. Not to mention to the tone, it was obvious that he was angry. "However, I know you are hiding SOMETHING, and I will find out what it is, whether you want me to, or not. So, either we can do this the simple way," Lucius said with a small tilt of his head. "You simply telling me what it is you dare hide, or we can do this the hard way, and I rip the information from your tortured body." Lucius said without an ounce of remorse a small glint in his eyes. Draco inhaled shakily, looking up at his father with terrified eyes.

"Father," He whispered shakily. "I am not hiding anyth..." And the world went black, pain engulfing his broken body.

Perhaps it was days, perhaps it was mere minutes later, but when Draco woke up it was not to what he was expecting. The pain was still there, and horribly clear from the way it raced through his tormented physical self. Yet, there was a difference as well. He was not laying on cold tile floors, as he had expected, but on a soft ground, yet hard. Opening his eyes, he saw light, not darkness, and a soft green glow was surrounding the place. Lifting his head, he managed to get himself to his knees, breathing heavily. He looked up and saw large trees with green and golden leaves swaying in the breeze. It was stunning. Yet, there was also a strange sense of forboding as well. He was not sure what it was but it was certainly prevalent.

Draco got to his feet, and leaned against one of the trees, hoping to draw comfort from somewhere. The place almost reminded him of his Uncle's home in France. It was not the same, of course, as the impending dark aura was missing, and the fear, but it was a similar environment.

He began to walk forwards. What else was there to do, other than to wander? He did not know where he was, and had no way of knowing, and therefore, there was nothing for him to do but walk forwards. He was a bit nervous of what he may find, however, this was to be expected when he was thrust into a totally unexpected situation. Looking down, he saw he had on the same clothes that he had from his last memory of himself with his father. Leggings, and a tunic, his father had insisted they go traditional since they were inviting some high-end family from Ireland. Needless to say the night had not gone as he had hoped it would, not necessarily his fault, but his father sure blamed him for it.

Sighing heavily, he walked forwards, not deterred by the pain that ricocheted every time he took a step forwards. He would survive, he was certain of it. Despite the forbidding undertone, the atmosphere was at least somewhat pleasant, allowing him to somewhat relax. It was certainly something that he was not used to, and it was quite an interesting change from the constant fear and anxiety that he was used to. It was a freedom to be able to relax his muscles for once.

He did hope that he found some form of civilization. Though, he mostly hoped that whatever form that civilization took did not murder him for trespassing on their lands. It was not entirely unheard of, and he would prefer not to die. Though, if he really looked at it, he would not necessarily mind it. It would not be the worst way to go, and he would be free forever of his father's rule.

It took a while of walking under the soft glow of the trees, but he did happen upon some form of civilization, however, being true to his shy self, he stayed hidden behind the trees as he watched people bustle to and from. It was a splendid sight, and there were so many graceful people. He would say they were some form of Veela or Fae. Or a mix in-between from the graceful air about them, and the pointed ears they held. He licked his lips nervously. What should he do? These were certainly formidable enemies, and he did not want to be captured and tortured. He mentally cried at the thought. He doubted that he would be able to take too much pain. He had already suffered too much. Thankfully he noticed that his body had somewhat managed to heal from the pain that his father had inflicted, which was a huge relief.

There was a huge mansion in the middle of the valley, surrounded by a waterfall, and a river winding around it. It was beautiful. The whole place was amazing and absolutely beyond the capability to imagine. He just was uncertain if he should move forwards. Biting his lower lip, he crouched down behind the tree, leaning against it. It was far too much to comprehend right now. He could not take this. He slowly closed his eyes. What to do? There was too many variables for him to simply waltz right up there.

"Well, if it is not a young elfling." Draco ripped his eyes open and looked up at the speaker. They found him.