55

Legolas was left to ponder, which was not at all fun in any way. He was worried about what his father had said. A dark being? Different from Sauron? He knew that they were far within the forest, but they were not nearly close to where his mother had died, to the strange visage cloaked in evil. Furthermore, Legolas had not felt a single thing, though it was clear his father had either felt something, or at least knew what to look for to be able to tell him what had happened. It just made things more complicated, unfortunately, and he knew that Thranduil was going to be searching high and low for a dark being at some point through their trek now. Not something he really wanted, but also not something he could do anything about. It was frustrating, yes, but he would just have to accept it.

The boy lay still, and almost unmoving. Legolas had managed to note his breathing, and the way his chest rose and fell shallowly, something which he was grateful for. He felt too much like a child now, vulnerable and helpless to do anything as someone he cared for slowly faded away. He knew that his father said he would not fade, but Legolas was uncertain of that just yet. Did humans even fade? He wasn't entirely human though, and Legolas feared that whever he was did have that option. It terrified him to think about. He cared deeply for this person, something his father had obviously taken note of. Legolas was surprised that he was not lectured on falling for people lesser than himself.

He slowly moved towards the boy, wanting, but also nervous, to understand them more. It was difficult enough knowing that they were so distant. He got the feeling that he was just a bit wary of everything. He had been far less distant when they were not in the wood with his father. It was almost disappointing, but there was little to be done about it. He was still surprised that he did not have to order the boy to come with him. Though, he supposed that the other group just did not handle things to his liking. Perhaps there was more to that, but Legolas did not need to know anything regarding that.

He was quite worried though, it was incredibly unnerving that something had caused the other to pass out. Glancing towards the door, he knew that his father knew more than what he was willing to explain. As much as he hated suspecting his father, he had to think that Thranduil had something to do with it. After all, it was rather suspect that his father seemed so...lacksidaisy, and he had not really even bothered to inspect the other very closely. Though that could just as easily be because Draco was not an Elf. His father could be a bit...frustrating when it came to other species. The worst was the dwarves.

"I wish I knew what happened to you," Legolas admitted softly. He watched as the boy seemed to wince at the words, and his attention was brought ever closer. leaning over the bed, Legolas stared down at the body. There had been movement, which meant surely he was about to wake? "Draco?" The name whispered softly, as Legolas loomed over him.

Draco slowly blinked his eyes open, before gasping and yanking his body backwards, hitting his head against the wall, and whining as he held it in his hands, a whimper echoing through his voice. Legolas frowned, his brows furrowed downwards. Perhaps he should have brought his father here rather than trying to handle this by himself.

"I...what is wrong?" Legolas questioned, not really wanting to rush him if it was clear that the elf's presence was unnerving the boy. Still, there had to be something that he could do...though Legolas had never really had experience with these things. "You are in the Mirkwood with my father and I, we entered the town limits and you seemed to just...just collapse. My father is trying to figure out what coudl have caused it at this very moment, and left me to care for you in his absence." Legolas disregarded the part where he had requested it himself.

"I...I..." Draco's eyes slowly matched with his mind, and he realized that he was not home, and that Legolas had been the one standing over him, not his father ready to do some dastardly things. Shaking his head he sighed out slowly. He really had to handle himself better. It was shameful that he had even had such a reaction in the first place.