for justice.

Snap.

Infinity landed noiselessly in a purple chamber. She scanned the room, looking out for any cameras that hadn't already been disabled by her trusty security team.

All clear, the superheroine thought, and crept out of the room in her black stiletto boots.

A few rooms over, a woman with a white bob haircut typed away on a holographic keyboard. Her getup seemed similar to an acrobat's, with a red long-sleeved turtleneck under a black and white leotard. Infinity hid herself from the mirrored walls so that Sirque wouldn't see her.

So much was at stake here. Infinity couldn't afford losing anything else to the villainess.

Her heart felt like it was going to burst through her skin at any moment. Infinity breathed deep, and exhaled slowly and softly to calm herself down. She'd been on many missions before, but it was imperative this one succeeded. She was fighting Sirque with a half-formed plan she hoped would take shape once the moment came, with no backup at all. Infinity only had what was left of her hope to carry her through the night.

Infinity let out a giant breath of air—slowly. She closed her eyes, only for a brief second—

Snap.

Infinity's fist collided with Sirque's face.

The woman fell onto the floor, her chair rolling away from underneath her. Sirque snarled at Infinity.

The holographic keyboard disintegrated, along with the woman's contented smirk. Her glassy gray eyes turned cold, and the red lines of paint on her face made her look all the more formidable.

"You found me." Sirque raised an eyebrow. "I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You're never getting her back."

Infinity, on the other hand, wasn't intimidated at all. "I'm done asking nicely. Where is she? It's been three years, Sirque."

"Three years too late, I'm afraid," a wry smile appeared on Sirque's face. She stood, adjusting the metal bracelets on her wrists. "Even if I knew her whereabouts, why would I tell you?"

Because I'm her daughter! Infinity thought.

Out loud, she said nothing. The super lunged at Sirque with untamed fury, to which the woman dodged artfully. Sirque backflipped into the middle of the room.

Snap.

Infinity landed in front of Sirque, and grabbed onto her elbow. Sirque twisted out of her grasp deftly, and tapped the bracelet on her right wrist. A portal launched out of the bracelet, purple and blue lights threatening to spin its victim into oblivion.

Snap.

Infinity dodged the portal just in time, appearing on the other side of the room. Sirque pressed her left bracelet, and another portal hurtled toward the superheroine.

Snap.

Infinity appeared behind Sirque and tackled her, and both of them fell to the floor in a heap. Sirque wriggled to try and escape her grasp, but Infinity pinned her shoulders down. She kicked the woman's side in a burst of anger. "Where. Is. She?"

"I'm not...telling you," Sirque muttered through gritted teeth.

Infinity watched as Sirque fiddled with her bracelets. Slowly, she realized a portal would come after her soon—but dodging the attack meant letting go of her captor. She couldn't risk that, so she held onto Sirque's shoulders even tighter. Sirque winced in pain as Infinity's nails dug into her leotard, leaving crescent-shaped marks on her skin. Infinity was breathing heavily, glaring at the villainess with all her might.