CHARACTER INFO: NATALIE BURNES

a short character info page of my OC, Natalie Burnes

credits for the above drawing: Eekhello

1. Basic Information
Name: Natalie Burnes aka Infinity
Parents: Karen Fields and Nelson Burnes, aka Voyd and He-lectrix
(background info: nat's parents are in a queerplatonic relationship. keep reading, it'll make sense how she's alive later)
Sex: Female
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Age: 16-19 (depending on when I write about her)
Sexuality: Asexual Heteroromantic
Occupation: Student at San Fransokyo City Honors Academy, Superhero

2. Background information
a. ORIGIN
- Natalie was adopted by Voyd and He-lectrix (i.e. Karen Fields and Nelson Burnes) at the age of 11.
- She was left at the orphanage at a young age by her parents who thought they were capable of parenting her but weren't, because of financial issues and emotional issues. Natalie felt bad for it and blamed it on herself for her biological parents being incapable of caring for her.
- She learned to be independent in the orphanage because she lacked parental guidance and so she came off as cold and aloof to some people, because she wasn't willing to reach out to others, since she believed she would either hurt others or others would hurt her.
- Voyd and He-lectrix had to spend about a month coming to the orphanage every single day in order to warm up to her. After she fully trusted them, they had meaningful conversations, and found out that her personality was much like Voyd's after warming up to others: enthusiastic, kind, lovable.

b. FAMILY LIFE AFTER ADOPTION
- After spending 2 years together they adopted Lila, too. Lila was 7 when they adopted her and they spent many years together as a happy family. Karen and Nelson founded their own company based off of electricity and creating robots to help with everyday things like housework, running errands etc. They relocated a few times all over the country, and Natalie met a lot of people that would change her life (Violet was one of them).
- Natalie accidentally got electrocuted by some dangerous rays inside the lab when she was visiting, and so she gained her powers. (poor Lila didn't visit because she was still at school and thus she doesn't have any powers. However, Hiro built her a suit so she could still fight crime along with her family.)

c. RELATIONSHIP
- Natalie met Hiro through Baymax—they were new in the industrial neighborhood, and Baymax was alerted of this. Therefore, he gave Lila and Natalie a lollipop to celebrate their arrival in the city. However, Hiro and Baymax were actually in the middle of an experiment in the SFIT labs (which was actually just a few blocks down) and so the boy had to chase the robot back to the station. They held a rather decent conversation (comment if you want the convo). The second time they met was when Natalie went to SFIT and SFAI to check out the university campuses. She saw Hiro again because of Baymax as she recognized that fluffy adorable marshmallow (uwu) when she toured SFIT, but this time it was just a brief hello; he was leading another tour group of students and Honey Lemon was leading hers.
- I feel like Natalie and Hiro are compatible because they can cope with their losses together, and in this way, help each other up. Hiro knows the loss of parents is detrimental, and tries to care for Nat as best as he can because 10 years without a parental figure seems close to unbearable. Nat is thankful for all the love and support that she's given by both him and her family, and tries to comfort Hiro whenever he has relapses of the horrific explosion (that's what PTSD does to him at times). She also knows he hates being too vulnerable to other people but appreciates it deep down, so she always gives 120% when spending time together. Sometimes both are scared to lose one another because of their family's pasts, but they stay strong for each other. More importantly, they view each other as equals in the relationship and try to make sure both their aspirations will come true.

d. NAT/INFINITY
- Infinity usually only does night patrol, but if Winston or the Avengers need help during the day, she will help.
- Infinity has portal powers as initial defense/offense, but it evolved into other powers like duplication, super-accuracy, mind-reading and one hidden power that she has yet to discover. (Nobody knows about the hidden power yet, obviously.)
- Because she's usually located in San Fransokyo, Infinity and Big Hero 6 may team up sometimes, but since Infinity has portal powers, she appears in cities with higher crime rates to do night patrol. (Eg. New Urbem, Silicon Angeles, San Fransokyo)

If you want more information about Natalie, tell me in the comments :D