Back to the Burrow

Start from the beginning

"As well as Gavin, Mason, and Mrs. Isabelle," he said. I laughed.

"Mrs. Isabelle Forest was my teacher," I said laughing. I could tell Ron and Ginny were getting bored. "Why don't you two go play, I'll come play soon," Ginny smiled and ran off. Ron stood and hugged me before following.

"So, I hate to say start from me beginning but generally," Mrs. Weasley laughed. I nodded.

"At first, I just wanted to be back. It was almost miserable but then I met Sage and Nora and they were so amazing," I sighed. "And Mrs. Isabelle was my Charms teacher and the kindest teacher," I said smiling. "After the final semester of fifth year, she and her husband let me stay with them over break,"

"That's lovely," Mrs. Weasley said, smiling brightly. I nodded. After only knowing this woman for two years and only seeing her in person for a couple of weeks, I was surprised at the peace I felt with her.

"It really is, they are so great," I said. "But at the same time I've missed y'all so much," George and Fred laughed at my use of the Southern American slang. I laughed at how Nora rubbed off on me.

"Y'all!" The boys said together in an exaggerated accent. Their laughter made me smile brighter. Fred fell over and out of his chair. George laughed harder and folded over. Fred's arms reached up and pulled him down as well. Both of them lay on the floor laughing. Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes smiling.

"Then?" She asked me. I looked up from the boys and smiled.

"Well, my wand was stolen recently," she tilted her head.

"How did you get here?" I lifted the copy of Isolt's wand.

"I lied. When I got there I said my original wand was broken," Mrs. Weasley looked slightly disappointed. "They told me to pick a wand which made me think of Olivander. She laughed off the idea of wand picking a witch but then this wand which isn't supposed to work broke from its case and hovered in front of me," she seemed puzzled. Her face scrunched like she was trying to piece together the puzzles. She shook her head and just smiled.

"If you like we can visit Olivander?" I nodded, thankful.

"I'd love that, thank you," she waved me off.

"You, Ginny, and I can when Mr. Weasley gets home," I nodded and sighed, looking at the food in front of me. Reminded of my hunger I started eating. The twins disappeared but I just shrugged it off. She updated me on many things while I ate. Some of them were just her worries. Would Ron make good friends? Would Ginny be okay being the only child at home? How was Bill doing in Egypt and Charlie in Romania? Would George and Fred finally take a year of school seriously?

I shook my head, knowing the twins wouldn't and they were almost right not to. She talked of money as well. The matter came up a few times but then she hit me with something I hadn't expected. "Did you hear of your mother's illness?" I shook my head my plate long finished. I didn't bother correcting her about her not being my mom.

"No, what's wrong?" Part of me was concerned, she was the one who tended my wounds and signed my wavers. She was the one to buy me clothes and take me to events so could make friends. I by no means loved her but I appreciate what she contributed to my life.

"No one quite knows, your father has been very secretive. They suspect it may be fatal," I looked down. "You know you could go visit?" She said. I thought about it.

"I don't know, I'll think about it," I said. She nodded and I noticed the light around us was almost gone.

"You best get to bed. Mr. Weasley is awfully late, we'll go to the ally tomorrow," she said standing. "I'm off to find the twins. Would you mind putting Ginny to bed, dear?" I shook my head standing as well.