𝐢𝐯. 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Unless what?" I asked.

"No." Chiron snapped. "A foolish thought. The whole valley is feeling the shock of the poison. The camp is dying. Only one source of magic would be strong enough to reverse the poison, and it was lost centuries ago."

"What is it?" Percy asked. "We'll go find it!"

"Percy, you must promise that you will not act rashly. I told your mother I did not want you to come here at all this summer. It's much too dangerous, but now that you are here do not leave."

"Why?" Percy raised his voice. "I want to do something! I can't just let the borders fail. The whole camp will be-"

"Overrun by monster, I know." Chiron said. "Do not let yourself be baited! This could be a trap of the titan lord, remember last summer he almost took your life!"

Annabeth was trying hard to not cry.

"Stay with Percy, child." Chiron brushed a tear from her cheek. "Keep him safe. The prophecy— remember it!"

"I-I will."

"Um..." Percy said. "Would this be the super-dangerous prophecy that has me in it, but the gods have forbidden you to tell me about it?"

Nobody answered him but he scanned across everyone.

"Right," he muttered. "Just checking."

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Percy °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

We made it to the dining pavilion. We all separated to our cabin tables.

I heard someone from the Apollo table murmur, "who invited that?"

I couldn't find out who had spoken, but I glared at the table.

"Well, well if it isn't Peter Johnson. My millennium is complete."

I gritted my teeth and looked at who had spoken. "Percy Jackson... sir."

Mr. D sipped his coke. "Yes. Well, as young people say these days, whatever."

Next to him was someone I had never seen before—a pale, horribly thin man. He was wearing a prisoner's jumpsuit with the number 0001 on his pocket.

"This boy." Dionysus told him, "you need to watch. Poseidon's child, you know."

"I am Tantalus." The prisoner smiled coldly. "I do expect you to refrain from causing anymore trouble."

"Trouble?" I demanded.

Dionysus snapped his fingers and a newspaper with the headline I think said Thirteen-Year-Old Lunatic Torches Gymnasium.

"Yes, trouble." Tantalus acted like he had just accomplished something.

He looked down at his empty goblet and said, "root bear. Barq's special stock. 1967." The glass filled itself up.

"Go on then, old fellow. Perhaps it will work now." Dionysus said.

Before Tantalus could touch the glass, it scooted away. He tried to grab a piece of skillet with a fork but the plate flew off the table.

"Blast!" He muttered.

Dionysus and his prisoner walked away from us.

I got up and scraped my plate into the offering flames.

"Poseidon." I mummered. "Accept my offering".

And send me some help while you're are it, please, I prayed silently.