Sneaking Around!

"I'll have a double vodka and coke please" I tell Alex the bartender. She gave me a smile and nodded going to make my drink.

"Someone seems stressed?" I turn around and see Nathan standing behind me "You don't drink vodka Brooke...what's going on?"

"Nothing" I lie turning back to face the bar. Ever since Lucas had lunch at my office we've been spending some time together, but not how I'd like it. We still had to sneak around. He said he'd call of the wedding, but he hasn't... not yet anyway and frankly I'm getting impatient now because this isn't fair. He doesn't get to play me like this. He doesn't get to have his cake and eat it too... I won't let him.

I felt Nathan's hand on my shoulder so I look at him "Brooke..." He says in his soft voice "What's going on?"

"It's just work" It wasn't fully a lie because I was stressed about work. I don't really want to speak about it. I just want to get drunk and forget for tonight. Peyton isn't out with us, Lucas is around this club somewhere, but right now I don't care. I take a sip of my drink when Alex put it in front of me "Thanks girl"

"No worries Brooke" She says "Here's a Sambuca shot on the house" She passed me the shot glass and I downed it "Want another?" She asks and I nod "Here" She handed me another one which I also downed.

"Thanks Alex"

"Anytime Brooke... you know that" She smiled walking off to serve someone else.

"Wanna talk about it?" Nathan asks

"Not really Nate" I reply sipping at my drink "I just want to stay here and get drunk... no worries tonight" I down my drink in a few gulps putting the glass back down on the bar before giving Nathan a wink and walking through the crowd on the dance floor. I was merely drunk feeling a buzz that I loved the feeling off.

I started to sway my hips to the music getting into the rhythm. I felt a guys hand on my hips pushing himself up against my back moving with me. I could feel his breathe on my neck as I smiled and moved my hips in time with his.

Once the song has finished I turned around to face the guy and give him a small smile. He had black shabby hair with green emerald eyes. He looked down at me and smiled back. His head moved closer and I was rooted to the spot. I couldn't move even if I wanted to. His gaze had me stuck to the spot. His face moved closet until his lips were inches apart. My eyes never left his and then I felt his lips crash onto mine.

I didn't stop him. I kissed him back. My lips moved in time with his and my arms came around his neck pulling him closer. I could feel eyes on me. Watching me, but I didn't care. Our lips were stuck together for a good 3 minutes before we pulled apart both needing air. His eyes were still sparkling and then I heard him whisper in my ear "Nice dancing with you sweetness and by the way your an amazing kisser" I felt my cheeks turn red.

I whispered back "Thank you. You're not so bad either" He smiled then turned and walked away. I could still feel eyes on me. Someone watching me, so I turned around and as I knew I was right. I saw Lucas from across the room staring at me with an annoyed look plastered on his face. I winked at him and headed back to the bar.

-x-

"What are you playing at Brooke" I knew this was coming and I knew he'd follow me outside. I needed some air and it was getting to hot inside so I came out for a bit and felt him following me.

"I'm not playing at anything Luke" I respond staring out at the ocean. This time we all decided to go to the cabin, but Peyton and Jake couldn't make it something about Peyton had wedding stuff to do and Jake had work.

"I saw you" He states walking closer "I saw you kiss that guy"

"Yeah I know you did" I retort back with a small shrug leaning on the railing "And what is your point?"