Save me

A week has passed by since Collins divorced her. It had been one hell of a week. A week of thorough torture, sleepless nights and emotional trauma. Teni had taken the week off from work because she couldn't bear to continue working in her shattered state. During this time, she called her ex several times until he blocked her line. She was pained to the marrow, the moment she found out that he blocked her already even on social media. She thought she would be able to cope without him but she spends all day crying, thinking  about him and reminiscing on what went wrong between them both.
Her one week leave has ended today and she has to resume back to work the next day. She willed herself to take care of her room in the hotel where she lodged because it was a complete mess as even she wasn't in a right state of mind. She handed her used dresses over to the laundry room and ordered a nice meal. She already decided to stop crying over split milk but pick up the broken pieces of her life instead and move on. Once there is life, there is hope. She already accepted the fact that they were divorced for life and believed it's a fate that can't be avoided. She could only hope for better days to come quickly and replace these lonely days.
The following day, she went to work with this determination in her mind to get over Collins no matter what. Except for the weight loss, everything about her was back to normal. After closing hours, she went to check out a few houses with a colleague and an agent. She figured she couldn't continue staying in the hotel and needed to rent an apartment but none of the houses they saw was to her taste so they rescheduled another meeting the next Saturday  when she would be available to check out a few other vacant houses. The next Saturday came and she tagged along with the agent to check the vacant houses that might likely suit her taste. After a long tour, she finally got one that was pleasant to the eyes. Since it was given on lease at an affordable price, she made payments immediately. She would move in the next Saturday because that was when she would be free to do so. Thanks to her savings, she wasn't left stranded after her divorce and could fend for herself now that she had no one to fend for her daily necessities. After parting ways with the agent, she was taking a stroll back to the hotel where she had been lodging when her eyes caught a familiar figure at a distance. As she got closer, she noticed it was her ex-husband but he wasn't alone. There was a slim and petite woman by his side and very beautiful. She stopped in her tracks when they began to kiss each other passionately. They didn't even care about the passers-by. Teni wanted to move away from that spot but it seemed like her feet was glued to the ground. Her heart was pounding against her chest loudly as different thoughts ran through her mind. It seemed like the couples felt an intense gaze on them, they broke apart and turned in her direction. Collins frowned at first when he saw her but then he smirked and the frown on his face changed into a sinister smile. He pulled the lady's arms in his and walked towards Teni. "Look who we've got here" He said as he approached her. Teni looked deeply into his eyes but instead of remorse, they were filled with mockery. So he didn't even care about her feelings uh?. She spent a whole week crying and thinking about him but here he was as happy as a King, infact he had found himself a new lover. He had moved on so quickly. "Honey who is she?" the woman asked Collins and gave him a light peck on his lips. Collins smiled and replied nonchalantly, "a mistake from my past" The lady gave Teni a snicker and wrapped her her hands round Collins' waist. She pouted her lips at Teni in a provocative manner and said, "Too bad this  mistake of yours is so disrespectful and needs to be thought some manners." She took a threatening step forward but Collins quickly pulled her back and wrapped his hands around her waist," don't let her ruin your mood, you know tonight is gonna be one steamy night" he looked at her passionately, the lady returned his gaze with a seductive one and intentionally turned to face Teni, "yh, you're right let's leave before she ruins my mood, you have a whole lot of package to unwrap tonight" Collins gave her a warm smile and led her back to their car. Teni laughed bitterly as their car drove off. She felt like a big time fool in their presence. Tears flowed freely from her eyes and she let them with a promise to herself that this will be the last time she'll shed tears for him so she let it out, just this once.
With an heavy heart, she made her way back to the hotel absentmindedly. By the time she regained her self awareness, she was already a long distance away from her destination. She didn't even know where she was. She looked around to observe her surroundings and found out she was the only one in the street. The place was as quiet as a graveyard and the floor was littered with so many items, phones, bags, wallets, money, bank cards, shoes, suitcases, even blood stains, and bullets. She shrank back in fear as realization dawned on her, the street has just been invaded by armed robbers. She wondered why police men were not at the scene, or perhaps the robbery just happened. She needed to run for her life, those robbers might still be lurking around. As she was trying to make her way out of the street, she saw a figure lying motionlessly on the ground. She felt curious and traced her steps to the figure. Fear and panic engulfed her when she saw a woman in her mid-fifties lying on the ground in a pool of blood. The woman's eyes were half closed but her lips still moved. Teni read her lips and got the woman's message, "Save me".