Contract cancelled

Damien dropped Teni in the neighborhood. He respected her decision and didn't drive her to her house after all, she was a married woman and no man would love to see his wife coming out of another man's car. But he made sure they exchanged numbers. Teni didn't mind it at all after all, she owed him a big time. After exchanging contact, she dropped out of the vehicle and walked the rest of the journey to her house.
Teni arrived home and was surprised to meet Ammie outside the house. She sat on the stairs as if she was waiting for someone. Ammie gave Teni a a charming smile and made to collect her shopping bags but Teni stepped back consciously. 'Was she hallucinating?, how could her vicious mother-in-law attempt to take her bags from her' she stared at Ammie completely dumbfounded. Ammie gave her a wily smile and made to collect her bags again but Teni dodged her easily and said with a stoic face "Don't worry mother, let me take it in. How was your day?" Ammie didn't reply and Teni didn't bother about it as well. The woman doesn't deserve her care or attention but for courtesy sake she had to show her concern. Teni ignored her and walked past her into the house. Ammie maintained a smug look on her face but once Teni went inside, her face beamed with a glum smile. Teni didn't fail to notice her change of expression, she knew Ammie was definitely up to no good but she couldn't wrap her hands around it, that would be an hard nut to crack not today at least but she had to be vigilant and extra careful. Whatever Ammie was planning is not good at all.
Ammie clasped her phone in her hands tightly. All she needed now was patience. She would patiently await her son's arrival and all her heart desire would be fully accomplished. Teni had made the execution of her plan easier, smoother and faster than she had expected and she won't miss the slightest opportunity to throw her out of her son's house.
.............................................................
Two days later, Collins returned from his business trip with a very bad mood. He had spent days and sleepless nights ruminating over different ideas that could help them secure a multi-million dollar project in France. Every idea that came to his mind seemed not to work. Getting to sign a contract with the Albertos company in France is like getting a goose that lays golden eggs. The company only invest in enormous business deals that cost sumptuous amount of money and they are well known for their partnership with only big companies. Because their business deals were always lucrative, almost every company wanted to partner with them but the problem was their stringent contract. Fortunately for them another opportunity came up but it was only a simple question that was thrown to all the companies proposing for their partnership. Their answers was what would qualify them for the signing of the contract. The question sounded so simple to the ears but deep down, it held a scrupulous meaning that if you aren't careful enough you would miss it. Some candidates, ignorant of this fact had quickly submitted their answers even before the deadline without thinking twice and they had all been rejected and disqualified for the contract because their answers were not convincing enough. The few candidates that were left had to sit tight and make researches as well as reason well and enough to come up with an intelligent answer to the Cumbersome question thrown to them by the Albertos.
For good sixteen days, Collins and his team had been in and out of executive meetings with the boards of directors. They finally came up with a suitable answer three days to the deadline. They were relieved and optimistic because their answer was convincing enough and truly speaking an email of approval was sent to them from the Albertos. They were satisfied with their response and were willing to sign the contract with them so they would travel to France to complete the formalities. Collins and his team members set up for the journey to France where they would be interviewed and then sign the deal. They traveled with joy because they were sure they had secured the contract already. A day to the interview, they were all enthusiastic about the whole ordeal and everyone was preparing for the interview but then they received a call from their headquarters that something had cropped up and they needed to take the next available flight and return back to the office. It sounded like a prank but the assistant vice president meant it and could not be questioned. "What about the contract we're signing today?" Collins asked furiously." We've sent an email of apology to the Albertos and the deal has been cancelled. Collins couldn't believe his ears. The company had already backed out of the deal and here they were, mustering up courage for an interview that has already been cancelled. He called three more persons from the company and they all repeated the same line just like the assistant vice president. Collins observed their voices were quavering as if they were terrified. He flung the phone away angrily and informed his team about the changes. They all wondered what went wrong at the headquarters but they couldn't place their hands on it. They couldn't question the authority of the assistant vice president as well. With this, they booked the next available flight and left France immediately. Whatever the reason was they would find out when they got back to the headquarters. So with a troubled and sober mind, they flew back to their country.

Dear readers, please I need more views and votes, also comment whatever you think of the story in the comment section.
Thank you,
Joel cares.