Chapter 8

Samarya

"He is so scary. Why did you let him in?" I asked Alice after the two of us entered my bedroom.

"You just said yourself that he is scary. Do you think I would have the power to stop him?" She said with a frown, and I nodded at her words. He was so bipolar. One time he was so good and the next second he would literally flip into an aggressive man.

"What are you thinking?" I turned to Alice and sighed. "He is so confusing, Alice. It's so clear that he is someone powerful but there are lots of questions surrounding him. And the most important of all, why me?"

Alice frowned at me. "What are you talking about? I cannot understand you."

"Before going to bed last night, I did research on him. I could not find much but from what I know he is totally a stranger in this field. He belongs to the world of tech, Al. However, he, coming to our company, me being appointed as a head of new department, then a girl who insults me gets mutilated, I get sent to jail, he rescues me and the next day I am in house arrest. This all happened in just two days. Within 48 hours a lot of twists came in my life. Don't you think it is fishy?" I looked at Alice who had suddenly gotten pale hearing my words. Did she know something that I was unaware of? "Do you know something, Al?"

She shook her head. "Maybe you are overthinking, Sam. It can also be some type of coincidence, right? And you got selected as the chief editor for magazine because you deserve it. I have seen your works. And did we not come to the conclusion that he was in station due to his brother's job. But if you really have doubt, how about you ask him yourself?"

I groaned hearing her words. "Do you think that bipolar Chuchundro will give answers to me? He is so full of attitude and arrogancy."

"Bipolar what?" Alice looked at me weirdly. I rolled my eyes. "Chu chun dro. House shrews."

She laughed. "How do you come up with such name?" I shrugged at her question. "Okay, I am getting late. I will see you in the evening. Bye" I waved a bye at her as she rushed out of the place. As soon as she went, I locked the house from the inside. I was not going to let that stupid man enter again.

Taking a seat on the couch, I recounted what happened yesterday. Who was Bianca? Even after being in the same company, I had never heard of her before yesterday. And why would she take my name as a culprit to the cops? I rubbed my face in frustration. God!! What was happening in my life? Why had it suddenly taken such a tragic turn? Should I ask momma to do Graha Shanti puja for me? No. No. It was not a good idea. She would be worried unnecessarily. But what should I do? I feel bad for Bianca. Even if she had insulted me according to Camilla, she did not deserve what happened to her. I felt a shiver running down my body as I remembered the picture those cops showed me her face was unrecognizable. Her body had burn marks, belt marks and I could see a nail hammered in her body. It was a miracle that she survived. Who could have done such an inhumane act to her? Whoever it was, that person was heartless. It was so absurd to hear that my boyfriend was responsible for such an act. Where in the world did, they find my boyfriend whom I haven't met yet? So ridiculous!!!

That made me remember something Mr. De Luca had said earlier. For my safety. It was clear someone was plotting against me. But who? And why? If Mr. De Luca had not arrived on time yesterday, then it was so sure that they would have crushed me to death. Normally in such cases they would have called a cop from my nation, but they did not do that. Instead, they just continued beating me. I felt a pain in my chest thinking about what ifs. My parents would have been devastated if something happened to me. Their lives would have been ruined. I knew how Nepalese society worked.

When the people would have heard about me dying in a police station, they would have made my family's life hell. I felt tears rolling down my eyes thinking about what would have happened to my brother. He was just fourteen and he had a whole life ahead of him. I could not let that happen. I wiped my tears. If Mr. De Luca wanted to provide me with security, I would not stop him and follow his orders. If not for myself then at least for my parents and my brother.