26. Whitecrest

Marco Morales
14
The Freeman's 📍

Sadly I had to start school today, on a Tuesday outta all days. Grandad was silent as he stared at my outfit and rose his eyebrow. "Marco what the hell?"he said. I looked down thinking I had like a stain but wasn't shit wrong. "Sir?"I asked. He shook his head and told me to go get in the car. I looked across the street and immediately thought about Leila, I'm sure she caught the bus but I fuck with her heavy. "Alright this ain't Chicago. Ain't no fighting, cussing, and no fighting again Marco you know you get all riled up. If I hear you up here acting a fool imma come whoop your ass after you whoop someone else ass ok?"He scolded.

I was half listening to him as we pulled up to the middle school. It was kind of big, and their mascot was a panther, typical. I followed him to the front door where we got buzzed in and sat in the office for about 30 minutes while they made my schedule. "Okay, I'll buzz him up an escort Mr.Freeman, he'll be just fine."the office lady smiled. He patted my shoulder lightly before he left.

"So you'll be riding bus 494 together, does it matter if your buddy for the day is a girl?"she asked. I shook my head and she walked towards the back to call someone up here. A few minutes later the office door opened and Leila was there. "Let's go Afro."she smiled. While we walked around I deadass wasn't paying attention to anything she was saying, partially because her curls bounced with each step she took, and whatever perfume she was wearing had me shook. "So you kinda missed first period but it's okay."she said looking over my schedule.

"So your second period is math with Ms.Black, she's not black but she's literally the best teacher."she giggled. I followed her down the wide hallway and into another one, this hallway had lockers decorating the walls. A short white lady stood at the door on her phone, "Hi Ms.Black!"Leila greeted. She looked up and smiled brightly at the two of us, "Hey Lei, is this my new kid?" Ms. Black asked. Leila nodded and gave me back my schedule, "I'll see you in 3rd, 4th, and 6th period. So don't miss me too much."she winked before walking away.

Ms.Black gave me a seat and class pretty much just immediately started. She introduced me to everyone in a non embarrassing way and continued on with the lesson. A boy next to me looked at my shoes and his eyes got wide, "Boy damn you rich?"he whispered. I laughed and shook my head, "Mane I wish I got these for my birthday a while back." He nodded and held out his hand, "Mario."he smirked. I dapped him up and we decided to be partners.

"So I can tell you obviously not from Whitecrest."he mentioned. "Yeah I'm from Chicago." I said. He nodded and began to ask me all type of questions I didn't even realize we was halfway done with the worksheet. "You got IG?"he asked. I took out my phone and he did but kind of hid it. "We can't have our phones out."he mumbled. I put it down by my leg while he unlocked his. I noticed him and Destiny was his wallpaper. "Ohh so you Destiny boyfriend."I said. He looked up and nodded, "Why wassup?"he asked.

"Nothing I met her through her big sister and she told me to look for you today."I explained. He nodded and readjusted his hat, "Ha ass been mad at me for the past three days."he scowled. While he ranted about her I finished the work our teacher gave us and glanced around the class. It was a bunch of white kids and barely any black ones. "You know you in advanced math? The look on your face telling it all."he added. I looked at my schedule and I groaned, "Damn." The bell rang and he dapped me up, "Aight Marc. I'll see you at lunch."he said.

I walked out of the classroom and asked Ms.Black for directions to my third period. She pointed to a door all the way down the hall. I walked down there and a there was a black lady, I introduced myself and was gettin serious Auntie vibes from her. Leila was sitting in the classroom gossiping with some girls and gave me a soft wave when I sat down. "So do you like it?"she asked. I nodded, "It's cool or whatever."I smirked. Honestly I been waiting to talk to her all day. She sat in an empty desk next to me and started talking. "Lei go back to your desk."The teacher said. Her name was Ms.P but imma call her Auntie.

Leila rolled her eyes and went back to her seat. As she called roll I looked around the class to match names with faces. This was my science class and it was pretty cool, there were more black kids in here making me feel more at ease. We took notes then out of no where a bell rang and everyone started getting up. "Lunch!"Auntie yelled. Leila waited for me by the door and we walked together to the cafeteria. "Look your lil dimples showin' you like it hereeee."she smiled. I rolled my eyes and pushed her slightly.

She pulled me over to a round table then made me sit next to her. Mario came up with a tall lightskin boy and I assume his girlfriend because they were holding hands. Destiny walked up to the table and crossed her arms scowling. "Des I'm sorry like what you want me to do?"Mario asked. She rolled her eyes and moved away from him when he reached over for a hug. He grabbed her by arm and they walked out of the cafeteria. "Don't mind them. Anyways Dream meet Marco. Marco meet Dream. Kel meet Marco, Marco meet Kel."Leila rushed. I dapped up Kel and slightly nodded at his girl. "What school did you come from?"he asked.

They asked me the typical new kid questions and I'm not gon lie I fuck with these rich ass kids. "We can talk to coach for you cause we kinda need a small forward right now."he said. I nodded it would be a step outta my comfort zone, "If he say yeah he's gonna make you tryout on the spot so be ready."Mario warned.

The rest of my day went by pretty smoothly and I wasn't complaining. By the time I got home I couldn't stop talking about my time with Leila to Riley. He was laughing and then offered to take some pictures for my instagram. While I do miss Chicago, Woodcrest may not be that bad.

 While I do miss Chicago, Woodcrest may not be that bad

773.Marc

Swipe

Swipe

Liked by YnReezy2

Liked by YnReezy2.0 and 4,387 others
773.Marco - Just let shi be.
Hueyyy2.0 (Pinned)- Ngl ts tacky as hell.
View other comments

LMAO Ik I said I was dropping yesterday but like I forgot so my bad imma start doing scheduled uploads so my stuff flows better. Anyways hopefully by Sunday or Monday I can push out the first part of My Euphoria. Happy spring break!