3. Be mine?

Huey Freeman
The Freeman's 📍

Luckily we didn't get caught last week at Jazmine's after drinking. Honestly the entire thing had me on edge but it was slightly fun doing things out of the ordinary. Right now I drove in complete silence while listening to Jazmine sing annoyingly loud to Doja cat. I turned down the radio and warningly glanced at her. She smiled and turned it back up.

I slowed down as we were approaching a red light. Today I promised to go to the mall with Jazmine, she complained that we hadn't spent much one on one time outside of the group outings. Once the song was over she turned the radio back down and shifted in her seat to look at me. "What?"I asked not taking my eyes off of the road. "Nothing."she smiled.

Weirdo. She turned back forward and sighed, "How come when I drive with one hand you panic, but when you drive with one there's no complaints?"she asked. I rolled my eyes, "Jazmine you'd kill us if you drove with one hand. You get distracted too easily."

She scoffed and sat up straighter in her seat. We got closer to another red light and I heard her seatbelt click. "You're just now putting that on?"I exclaimed. She giggled and shrugged. I swear she plays with her life every day. "Lighten up Hue. You get distracted easily too."she smirked. I looked at her and she was holding my hand. "Why are touching me?"I teased.

"Why are you touching me?"she mocked. I pulled into a parking space nearest to a mall entrance and unbuckled my seatbelt then got out. Jazmine waited patiently for me to come over to her side and open the door. When I opened the door she reached
her hand out and I gently took it.

1 hour later...

We've been walking around forever, I don't see how her feet don't hurt wearing those shoes. She pulled me into bath and body works, I can't explain how many perfumes she pushed in my face. A worker came up to us with a huge smile, "Hi! Just wanted to let you know we're doing a couples discount today! So just let me know if you'd like to participate!"

"We're not-"I was cut off by Jazmine hitting me in my stomach. "We'd love to! What's the discount?"she asked. Usually when Jaz hits me it doesn't hurt but that one kind of stung. The worker explained the discount process with her and she rushed me over to check out, it got her a 35% off deal.

When we left the store she returned to her usual bubbly self. "Why'd you lie?"I asked. She shook the bag around, "I didn't lie baby."she smiled. That completely caught me off guard and before I could respond she pulled me into a Victoria's Secret. "Jaz do I seriously need to be in here?"I groaned. She ignored me and held up a few underwear sets up to herself. I had to look away multiple times to keep myself from imagining her in them.

"Hue don't you think Red lacy underwear is like the craziest cliche?"she asked holding up a pair. "Uh I guess. Never really dealt with someone who even used lingerie."I shrugged. She smiled and threw a teal lace set on her arm. Still holding my hand, we went to check out and the clerk said we were a cute couple. Jaz thanked her and we were off to the next store, something less scandalous.

She grabbed various dresses, leggings, shorts, and jeans, then pushed me down in a seat. "Stay here baby."she smiled. She threw a majority of the clothes on my lap and only took the dresses, she walked into a dressing room and took her time trying it on. She walked out and did a cute pose, "What do you think?"she asked. In my opinion she looked amazing, the dress hugged her curves perfectly and looked comfortable.

"I like it,"I responded. She nodded and walked back in the dressing room. She tried on a bunch of clothes and we stayed there for Atleast 45 minutes. After yet another check out, we reclasped our hands and walked towards the exit. "Ooh! Huey let's get Auntie Anne's!"she squealed. The crazy thing about it was Jazmine had been using my card all day. I won't be surprised if Grandad greets me with a belt for the insane prices.

After she got her food she willingly let me take her to the car. I closed the door and walked over to my side. The sun was beaming down harshly and I was exhausted from walking around so much. "Thanks Hue."she smiled. She leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Mhm."I replied.

I started the car and took us back home. We left the bags in the car and we headed to our final destination, the hill. She sat down beside me and stared at the clouds. This was the time I had anticipated to speak to her about something serious. "Want to sleepover?"she asked.

"Uh sure."I said, she nodded and remained eyeing the clouds in wonder. "Let's go."she said standing up. We were barely there for 5 minutes, Jazmine is definitely a peculiar girl, I can tell she's trying to say something but is hesitant. We grabbed her bags out of my car and walked acorss the street. "I need to get some clothes,"I announced. She pointed to a duffel bag in the corner of her room and it contained clean clothes of mine inside.

She unloaded her shopping bags and put everything away neatly. Once she got done and wrapped me into a hug, "Thanks for today. You mentioned you wanted to speak with me about something?"

We sat down on her bed and I looked around to find the right words. "Um this weekend we're going to Chicago. And you've shown me every part of yourself. And I feel like I should show you a huge part of myself apart from you know my parents."I explained. Her eyes flickered with excitement, "So with that being said, I talked to Grandad, he talked to Tom, and I just want to know if you'd like to come with me. Meet more of my family as well."I finished.

She squealed and hugged me, "Of course, but would your family think I'm too white - washed?"she asked. I immediately shook my head, "No Jaz they don't think that way ever."I rushed.

She let out a relieved sigh and nodded, "Anything else?"she asked. I nodded slowly, "Also I want to take our relationship further. I had a whole plan to ask you out in Chicago but I'd much rather introduce you to everyone as my girlfriend rather than my bestfriend."I explained. Her mouth dropped open and she just stared at me.

"Literally everything I've wanted to hear from you for years is happenig right now."she said quietly. She got up, paced around, then stopped, "Are you pranking me?"She asked. "What no Jazmine, I really really like you."I smiled.

"Kiss me then."she scowled. I stood up and gently kissed her for a solid minute. "Okay I believe you. And yes yes yes yes yes. Yes I'll come with you, Yes, I'll be your girlfriend!"she exclaimed.

Can't believe Riley's plan worked. I owe him 75 dollars.

 I owe him 75 dollars