ch-6

Flashback continues:-

   One week later:-

   Abhimanyu got to know that there was going to be a selection camp for U-19 football team in one of the schools of Shimla. He decided to go there as this was a golden opportunity for him. He collected all the required information, his certificates and trophies to take part in that selection camp.

     After 2 days, he went there. His village was some 60 km away from Shimla. So he gathered his football kit and took early morning bus so that he can reach on time. After reaching there, when he saw the school, his confidence went little down. It was very big and elite. He was feeling very cautious being among those elite rich kids who were giving him not so good vibes but he ignored all of that and showed security guard the letter which he got from the coach who used to come in his government school. Security guard also looked at him from top to down and finally let him go after giving instructions. He held his bag with both his hands and was going towards ground with hurried steps. Suddenly he saw a familiar face among group of girls who were coming in his direction. It gave him little relief and he was about to wave at the person but within seconds realised what he was doing and took his hands down.

     That group of girls passed by him and someone commented.

   " What on earth such poor boy doing in our school? Look at his clothes and shoes
I just hope, he is not some new student.
Our school is not for such people. There are so many government schools for them then why they are here? I will talk to dad." One of the girl said to her friends and he heard that.

     Those lines punctured his confidence completely and he looked down to check upon himself. He had bought new tshirt, trousers and bag yesterday only from his village's shop to come here. It costed him almost half of the money which he used to earn from the shop in a month. Yes, his shoes were little worn out and he didn't buy new one because he couldn't afford that quality of shoes from his money and it was unavailable to his village too. He won those special football shoes in one of the competitions. They were very comfortable so he came today in those shoes only. Now he was feeling little low and disheartened but he didn't have any choice so he bowed down his head and silently went to the ground where he was supposed to report for the match.

    When he went away, there was a girl who kept looking at her back to see him.
She was Akshara Mehra. She didn't like whatever her friend commented and felt bad but she couldn't say or do anything.

   After 2 hours, Abhimanyu came out of school with broken hopes and shattered confidence. His eyes were shedding silent tears not only because of the injury he got while playing but because he lost the chance to go to Delhi for another round of selection. He knew that he played much better than all the other players present there and they deliberately pushed him on the ground but still he was helpless as he was a nobody there and no one was going to hear him or trust him. So with dejected face and swollen foot, he came back his home.

    After few days, he was playing football match with his village kids in the afternoon. When he kicked, it missed the goalpost and went behind followed by a shrill sound of cry. He and other kids looked at each other and ran in the direction from where sound came. It was behind big bushes of roses. He saw a girl was sitting there holding her head. He immediately went there and sat down to look at her.

   " See, I am extremely sorry. We were playing football and didn't realise that someone could be here as no one comes here normally. It was not intentionally.
Is it hurting lot? We can go to our health care centre if you want." Abhimanyu said to her in frantic tone.

   He was scared because that girl was looking from some rich family by her clothes and he had not so good experience with such people. What if she will complain about him. He became really tensed.