Chapter Fourteen

There is a certain level of emotions that a slave must hold back with their Trainers, but it is difficult not to become attached. Dahlia would look at me in the most loving of ways just before punishing me for whatever misstep I had made. We would cuddle after every session and she would tell me different rules to remember to abide by. Her voice was my only lullaby for a long time.

The curious mirror in my room seemed to watch me with a penetrating gaze. I understood after a time that it was a gateway, and one I was not privy to. Dahlia told me as much when I dared to ask about it, and I paid dearly for doing so.

We went on walks almost daily, and I was walked all over the grounds. Once, Dahlia walked me while blindfolded, and I had to respond to leash direction by feel alone. It was very erotic and Dahlia fucked me thoroughly when we returned to my room.

I knew I was growing closer to my graduation, and with each passing day I learned new techniques and rules for my existence. I was being molded and tuned to be the vessel my mistress wanted. I understood that my time at the Auction House was temporary. I knew I should not form attachments.

It was still hard not to cling to Dahlia each night.

"You need to remember that clinging to your mistress is good, but you must read her. Give her space on those gray days. You will come to know your owner well, as well as she will grow to know you."

"Do you promise?" I asked.

Dahlia gave me a surprised look. "You don't think the Auction would match you to the right owner?"

"No, ma'am." I turned pink.

"Trust in the process, Rowan. We would never pair you with someone who wouldn't want to know you as well as you do her." Dahlia leveled her gaze at me. "I have met with your mistress many a time throughout the course of your training. She says your progress is coming along quite nicely."

"Really?" I breathed. I knew I spoke without prompting, but I couldn't stop myself.

Dahlia placed a finger along my lips. "Hush. Yes. Really. She is quite pleased. But you are not close to your graduation ceremony just yet."

I knew rumors. I knew bits and pieces. I had picked up from what I could read on my paperwork who had bought me. I had never met her in person, but her name was known in my city as one of the oldest and wealthiest. To be her plaything, molded perfectly to her wishes, was all I wanted.

I didn't pry. I couldn't—what would Dahlia have told me? More versions of "know your place" with a healthy spanking to follow, to show me what curiosity got me?

I was learning. I could pick up on things. The day when Dahlia walked me with a blindfold, my ears heard more whispers than ever before. I could pick up on what people were saying about us as we passed. What my progress looked like to them, how obedient I did or did not look. What my owner was excited to see of me.

Trainers were a gossipy lot, I was coming to understand.

I held Dahlia tightly and buried my head into her breasts. I would enjoy her company whilst I had it. After I left the Auction House, I would never see her again. The knowledge was frightening.

"What is it?" Dahlia asked. "You're clinging a little tighter than usual."

"I know when I leave I'll have to go to an unfamiliar place and I'll never see you again. Sometimes when I think about that it scares me a little."

"New things are very scary," Dahlia said gently. "It is important to remember that transitioning emotionally is just as important as transitioning physically to a new place with new faces. Remember that there will be support in place for this."

I nodded, and I felt her cradle the back of my head. "Sweet Rowan. You're one of the softest hearts I've ever trained. Even punishing you is hard." She nuzzled my hair, and I sighed into her.