Chapter 23

Noella

I feel like if you unintentionally end up on top of someone two times in one day, the universe is trying to say something.

The feel of Nixx's hands gripping my hips from behind and his breath brushing my neck definitely seems like something is being said.

"You alright?" He asks, and tingles run all the way through my body.

I nod, my eyes narrowing as I try not to pant.

Just jump him! My wolf demands.

Something I know is desire shocks my system, and I turn my body in his arms, locking eyes with his green ones.

Waiting for you to kiss him is like watching paint dry!

"My wolf," I say, breathless. "Has very interesting ideas on what we should do in this position."

His eyebrows raise, but nothing except heat is written in his gaze.

"I think my wolf mirrors her sentiments," he says, eyes dropping before lifting back up and sighing. "And as much as I would love to fulfill their requests, we have a lot to talk about. And a tour to finish."

He kisses my forehead before standing and offering me his hand.

My skin is blazing where his lips touched, and everything inside of me is begging for more, but I know he's right.

I grab his hand, pulling myself into a standing position and brushing non existent dust from my pants before following him out the door.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

As it turns out, the massiveness of the packhouse on the outside doesn't even begin to tell you the massiveness on the inside. There's one of everything, like an entire town in one building.

"Do you ever go anywhere?" I ask as we enter another hallway. "You have everything in here."

Nixx chuckles before saying, "Not everything, and you haven't even seen the best part yet." He open a white door on the left as he adds, "Well, I consider it the best part. I haven't actually shown anyone else."

Warmth spreads like wildfire through my chest, and I dawn a stupid grin as I follow him through the door.

It's another dark hallway, but it doesn't take long until a second white door is being opened, and I gasp as I enter in behind him.

It's a glass encased wonderland.

Flowers of every single shade you can think of dot the ground in a colourful chaos of petals. Sunlight pours through transparent walls of light, and brightness radiates in every corner. Vines of intricate green climb the walls, and little flowers are starting to bloom on each one. It's immaculate.

"It's beautiful," I breathe, awestruck.

He puts his hands in his pockets as he glances around the room with a smile.

"My mother was quite fond of greenhouses and flowers. I made this in her honour."

My grin only grows, surely taking up my entire face now.

"See?" I say to him. "A big old teddy bear."

He rolls his eyes, but a light smile still rests on his lips.

How did we end up with such a wonderful mate? My wolf asks.

It's weird, but I think I can feel her swooning.

What's a mate? I ask.

Incredulous confusion fills my head, but it isn't mine.

You don't know what a mate is?