𝐢𝐢. 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

Start from the beginning

I looked down at my feet, remembering the disaster I left camp in.

"Camp." Annabeth said. "Big trouble at camp."

"My mom was saying the same thing! But what kind of trouble?"

"I don't know." Annabeth looked over at me subtly. "We have given get there right away. Monsters have been chasing me all the way from Virginia. Have you had a lot of attacks?"

Percy shook his head. "None all year... until today."

"None? But how..." My eyes drifted over to Tyson. "Oh."

"What do you mean, oh?" Percy glared at me like I had just punched him in the face.

Tyson raised his hand as if we were in school. "Canadians in the gym called Percy something... Son of the Sea God?"

Annabeth and I exchanged looks.

"Big guy." I cringed at Percy, being so nice to... that thing. "You ever hear those old stories about the Greek gods? Like Zeus, Poseidon, Athena—"

"Yes." Tyson said.

"Well... those gods are still alive. They kind of follow Western Civilisation around, living in the strongest countries, so like now they're in the US. And sometimes they have kids with mortals. Kids called half-bloods."

"Yes." Tyson said again, like he was waiting for Percy to get to the point.

"Uh, well, we are half-bloods." He gestured towards Annabeth and I. "We're like heroes in training. And whenever monsters pick up our scent, they attack us. That's what those giants were in the gym. Monsters."

"Yes."

I stared at him. He wasn't that surprised or confused.

"So... you believe me?" Percy looked like he was just told about monsters.

Tyson nodded. "But you are... Son of the Sea God?"

"Yeah." Percy admitted. "My dad is Poseidon."

Tyson frowned. "But then..."

A police sirens wailed, speeding past the alleyway.

"We don't have time for this." I said. "We'll talk in the taxi."

"A taxi all the way to camp!?" Percy gasped. "You know how much money-"

"Trust me."

"What about Tyson?" He looked up at him.

I imagined escorting Tyson into camp.  Everyone would be terrified of him. We couldn't leave him just walking around either.

"We can't just leave him." Percy decided. "He'll be in trouble as well."

"Yeah." I glared briefly at the tall boy. "We definitely need to take him. Now come on."

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Percy°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

Rayn fished around in her backpack.

She looked even worse than I'd realised at first. Rayn had a cut across her cheek, she still held her ribs whenever she thought nobody was looking and there was a slash across her stomach that looked like a claw mark.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

Sirens wailed all around us. Matt Sloan had probably twisted the story to the police.