33 | Trust

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

When Bellamy woke up, he realized he couldn't move his right arm. He groggily moved his head to the side and he was blessed with the sight of Thena gripping his arm as she slept.

His small movement jolted Thena awake.

"Bellamy!" she exclaimed. "I'll get you some water," she quickly stood to leave, but he pulled her closer as he sat up.

"No, stay."

"You need to stay hydrated—"

He stared at her, not letting go of her hand. "God, you're so beautiful," he muttered under his breath.

Thena stilled. She turned to Bellamy with wide eyes and flaming cheeks. She coughed, "What...? You must be having delusions from your fever."

He shook his head. She stared at him pointedly, "I'm a bloody mess, Bellamy. Like literally."

"I thought I died and you were an angel coming to get me."

Truthfully, Bellamy wasn't lying. He saw her in his fever-induced state tending to him and thought she was. But Thena wasn't an angel coming to claim his soul, though she might as well be. And with what Bellamy has done, his soul won't go to heaven, he thought.

Thena stared at him and found no trace of him joking whatsoever. She sighed and held Bellamy's hand to her lips, "Bellamy, you got me so scared. It was because of me that you got sick."

"Thena—"

"If anything happened to you because of me, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself."

"I'm okay, Thena. Nothing's going to happen to me. I'll be fine." As if on cue, Bellamy started coughing.

Thena stood up in a flash, "I'll get you some water." But Murphy, already beat her to it.

"Here," he offered, but Bellamy pushed him, "Get away from me."

Thena caught Murphy's hand before the water spilled too much. She took the water from him and handed it to Bellamy, "Don't be stubborn, Bellamy. You need to stay hydrated."

"I'm just trying to help," Murphy mumbled. Bellamy's nose started to bleed and Murphy quickly got ahold of a rag to hand him. Bellamy ignored him so Thena sighed, taking it from Murphy instead.

"When I get better... and you're still here—"

"We'll talk about it," Thena cut him off, eyeing Bellamy. She then looked at Murphy, "I'm sorry, Johnny. I'll take it from here. Thank you." Murphy nodded before moving away.

"What did I say yesterday, hm?" Thena scolded Bellamy while wiping the blood off his face.

Bellamy ignored her, "Are you okay?"