9 | Two Tech Bros

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

Thena was up at the dropship roof staring up at the sky, her stomach grumbling as pangs of hunger shuddered. It has been a long time since she felt this, what was once a usual occurrence slowly dwindled away. It was something she was happy to have forgotten and irritated at having to meet once more.

She removed her ponytail, letting her jet black hair feather through her shoulders as the cool wind tickled her face. She wrapped her arms around herself and sighed.

Suddenly, a stick with meat appeared in front of her face. Thena jumped in surprise. She turned her body to see that it was Bellamy holding it out for her.

"I remember you said, and I quote 'You know, almost dying made me really hungry'."

A small smile appeared on her as much as she tried not to. He sat down beside her, gesturing to the stick. "Here. Barbecued cat." 

"Sorry, don't have a wristband to exchange it for." She commented dryly. 

He smirked, "You, of all people, shouldn't need to." He shook the stick in front of her, telling her to take it.

"That's not the point." She muttered but still taking the stick. 

"I mean, you did save my life twice now." He continued, ignoring her previous statement. She furrowed her eyebrows, "Twice?"

He nodded, "Yeah, the one at the ship and the beast." She smiled to herself, "Technically, it's thrice."

He looked at her, "What? When was the other time?"

She tilted her chin up as she recalled, the stick of food still untouched. "The dropship, before everyone even came in." He was confused and curious, still looking at her and gesturing for her to continue her story.

"It was the reason why I was on the ship in the first place." She titled her head towards Bellamy and smirked. "There was a problem on the dropship. It was supposed to explode before you even entered the atmosphere. Rogers—" Thena narrowed her eyes in irritation. "—and his men didn't believe. Had to get on the ship myself but unfortunately, they didn't know I was there. Locked me in."

 Bellamy nodded in realization, "You didn't tell them you were going to the ship?" He asked more curiously instead of reprimanding her. 

"I did... kinda. I told Sinclair to find Jaha or Kane but I guess he didn't reach them." She shrugged, "I don't know, the radio stopped working before I could find out."

Bellamy's face morphed into a look of guilt, thinking back on what he did that might have indirectly caused the girl to get locked in with them.

Thena noticed this and asked him if he was okay.