7 | Thena and the Boys

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"So what now?" Monty asked Clarke.

"Now we go after Jasper."

Clarke, Monty, Wells, and Thena strode to the dropship. Clarke quickly moved up to the second level, Wells following in pursuit.

"Monty, could you maybe try to go find volunteers?" He nodded at Thena, exiting the dropship.

She quickly pulled her hair into a ponytail, her long bangs left framing her face. She started to collect a parachute to be made into a stretcher for Jasper as well as a knife made a by a random delinquent. Who knows what they would encounter there?

Monty entered back into the dropship as Clarke and Wells dropped to the first floor.

"You came back for reinforcements. I'm gonna help." Wells tried to argue, wanting to join the trip. Thena moved to Wells, placing the things she collected in the bag on his back.

Monty added, "Clarke, he's right. We need him. So far, no one else had volunteered."

"I'm sorry Monty, you're not going either."

"Like hell, I'm not! Jasper's my best friend." Thena placed a hand on his shoulder in comfort.

"You're too important." Clarke told him before facing Thena, "You too."

Thena narrowed her eyes and opened her mouth to argue but Clarke cut her off.

"You're the youngest mechanic and engineer in over 50 years. And you were raised in farm station and recruited by engineering." She told both Thena and Monty.

"So?" Monty retorted.

"So? That's food and communication. What's up here is going to save us all. You guys figure out how to talk to the ark and I'll bring Jasper back."

"Clarke." Thena snapped. "It's enough one of us stays here. I'm going." Clarke was about to argue against it when Thena cut her off, having enough.

"That wasn't a question. I'm going." Thena and Clarke had a stare off but ultimately it was Clarke that backed off, reluctantly nodding.

Thena turned to Monty, dragging him to a corner.

"Listen to me, the wristbands. They have transmitters that send a signal to the ark, our vital signs. Find a way to take it off active and I can maybe create something to communicate using it."

Monty's eye gleamed in admiration. He knew she was extremely smart and he was giddy at the thought of finally having someone to teach him and speak tech with, aside from Jasper, and it so happened to be a mutual friend. Someone that cared for Jasper as well.