13 | The Rise & Fall of the Golden Trio

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

A 9-year-old Thena was chasing around 7-year-olds, Clarke, and Wells around the ark. Clarke and Wells giggling while Thena was huffing.

"No fair!" She exclaimed, "Why are you fast at running?"

Wells snickered, "Can't keep up, grandma? You too old to run?"

Thena huffed, "Just became I'm older than you guys by two years does not mean I'm a grandma." She paused, "Oh my gosh, I'm so old! I'm nine already!"

Clarke rolled her eyes laughing, "Althena, that's hardly old! Old is like when you are 16." Beside her, Wells nodded vigorously.

Thena inhaled deeply, "Let me catch my breath a little bit." She exhaled, darting off to catch Clarke and Wells.

"Run!" Clarke screamed as she quickly grabbed ahold of Wells' hand as they sprinted. Splotches of red suddenly bloomed across his cheeks as he struggled to keep up with Clarke.

They both suddenly fell to the ground as Thena tackled them, giggling.

Clarke pouted, "Wells! You are too slow." Wells, still flustered from Clarke holding his hand, attempted to sputter out a response but failed.

Beside them, Thena tried to block her laugh with her palm. Her face turning red from holding it in before bursting out laughing. The pair looked at her before laughing together.

Sweat coated their backs and foreheads as the trio sat side by side against the ark walls. They were catching their breaths and regaining their strengths before they had another round of running.

"We should have a group name!" Thena suddenly spoke up.

Clarke and Wells looked at her before quickly agreeing. They stayed silent, thinking of things to call the trio.

"How about...wait for it," Thena paused.

"Powerpuff girls!"

Clarke and Wells only looked at her incredulously.

Thena waved her hands around, "Come on! It's perfect! I mean look Clarke would be Blossom because she likes to make everything about herself—"

"Hey!"

"—Wells would be Bubbles because... it's Wells." Wells pursed his lips, 'what does that even mean'. "And I would be Buttercup! The best and coolest one out of them all!"