4 | Her Babies

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"Alright guys, I need to check the dropship for stuff. Someone's got to keep you all alive." The group laughed with her, a couple saying goodbye.

Murphy pulled her aside, softly speaking, "You need any help?" She shook her head, "It's okay. You go have fun. You deserve it." He nodded at her pulling her in for a hug which she reciprocated with no hesitation. "Stay safe." They whispered to each other as they parted.

She first decided to inspect the exterior of the dropship. Find any large damage, salvage what she can. She moved around, ending up at the back, away from the camp.

She saw large piles of the parachute, she counted a total of 3 large ones. Her eyebrows furrowed. There were supposed to be four. One must've detached during deployment. Explains the rough landing.

She was staring intently at the parachutes, thinking of ways to repurpose them when a person walked over to her.

"What are you doing?" She jumped at his voice. She turned to see Bellamy, standing there with his arms crossed and an amused look on his face.

"Don't do that. You scared me." She exhaled to calm her nerves before turning back to the parachute. "I'm thinking of ways we can use the parachute. It has no use now since we're on Earth."

He nodded at her words, his mind also started to think of things to use the parachute for but as silence permeated between them, his mind and gaze only traveled to the beautiful Asian girl. He effectively rendered himself useless. 

The girl suddenly snapped, his thoughts stopping. Thena looked towards him with her eyes wide in clarity. "Tents. We can build tents. I can strip burnt and useless wires from the dropship to use as rope and we can find sticks for the frame." 

His eyes widened, "You are a genius!" She laughed, "I know." She winked at him.

"Think you can get them to help?"

He nodded at her smiling, "No problem, Athena." 

She looked at him in confusion, "It's Althena. Emphasis on the Al."

"I know." Bellamy said as he walked away. Thena only shook her head in amusement before turning back to the parachute.

She unwound them and spread them out. She detached them from the dropship and started to think of ways to ration it. They would probably use it to collect other things as well. A stretcher can also be made if they needed it. Her thoughts were cut off when Bellamy rejoined her along with a large group.