𝐢. 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

In social studies, I opened my notebook to see the picture and stared at it, my friend Annabeth had visited Rayn and sent a postcard. I often wondered if I should've visited, I felt bad I hadn't even sent her a letter.

Annabeth was wearing a denim jacket over her camp half-blood t-shirt. Her hair pulled back into a ponytail.

Rayn was wearing a camp half-blood tank top. Her hair was wavy, with a flower crown around her head.

In the background it looked like camp was celebrating something.

I wished I could've been there as well, to celebrate in the place that I was normal.

I was about to close my notebook when Matt Sloan reached over and ripped the photo out of my hands.

"Hey!" I protested.

Sloan scanned the picture over. "No way, Jackson. Who are they? Do you have a—"

"Give it back!" The tips of my ears felt like they were burning.

Sloan passed the photo around his ugly friends. They ripped it up to make spit wads.

They must've been visiting since they all wore a stupid sticker saying Hi! My name is:

They all had weird names like: Marrow Sucker, Skull Eater and Joe Bob. No human being had names like that.

"These guys are moving here next year." Sloan bragged like it was meant to scare me. "I bet they can pay the tuition, unlike your deadbeat friend."

"He's not a deadbeat." It was so tempting to punch Sloan right in the face.

"You're such a loser, good thing I'm putting you out of your misery next period." Sloan laughed with his friends. I was under strict orders from Chiron to never take my anger out on mortals.

The bell rang.

When I left class I saw a girl standing at the end of the hallway calling my name. She looked familiar.

"Rayn?" I started to walk over to her but it looked like she was yanked by the air. When I turned the corner she was pulled into, nobody was there.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Rayn °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

I had been sneaking around Percy's school in a black hoodie and cap all day with Annabeth. He was always around someone so we could never find the right time to pull him away.

I finally had enough and stood in the hallway, waiting for him. Then I saw him.

"Percy." He stared at me until he started to approach me. He was shoving people out of the way until I got yanked away.

"Are you crazy?" Annabeth took off her cap as she angrily whispered at me. We both saw Percy stand confused at where I was, so we hid in the janitors closet.

"Uhmm, Rayn?" I heard him whispering at the other side of the door.

"Why don't we just go out to him now?" I asked Annabeth, quietly.

"No, we cant be sure if anyone else is out there with him."

A few seconds after Percy left, Annabeth put on her cap and I got my disguise on. Great, more stalking weird middle school stuff.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

We finally found Percy in a massive room. I asked Annabeth what the room was but she wasn't fully sure what it was either.