ending's beginning

C A S S I A N

It all happened so fast

Chase dropped from the call quickly as he went to check on the commotion.

"What did you see Stella?" Archer asked one more time, trying not to raise his voice again, but I can't even imagine the dread he was feeling now that his fears have become reality.

"A w-war... it's starting. The Council is attacking everyone and soon... it will be here too Cassian," Stella says, her chest heaving up and down deeply as her breath is ragged. "I— I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure but I've been seeing it..."

I look up to Ervin and Claude, silently sending them my orders to get everyone ready. They both nodded and hurriedly left the room.

What made the Council change their minds? Why are they being so rash?

The two Alphas were bombarding Stella with questions now, but I stopped them as I saw how visibly shaken she was. As if the events from the Andersons wasn't enough, and now this.

"Stop. Now's not the time, we have to get our packs ready for any attacks. Keep your orbs close, let's try to call in a bit."

Ian and Archer protested, but I closed the orb quickly and faced Stella.

She tried not to, but the tears won over her will.

"Calm down, baby, I'm right here," I assure her as I put my arms around her.

"I should have seen it earlier Cassian, but I've been avoiding it."

"What do you mean?"

Stella looked up to me, her eyes still glowing of the crescent in her irises.

"I've been having visions of the war for a wh-while now. But I've forced myself not to see them because... they're so terrible. I told myself that they're just nightmares, but I know... I know they aren't. They're far too vivid to be nightmares, too real. I forced myself awake every time I saw them..." she cried in my arms and I tried my best to hush her.

I closed my eyes, trying to gather my thoughts and think of the best solution at this moment. How do I minimize the damage our pack may suffer? How do we counterattack, how do I reassure Stella that the happenings are not her fault? That she only has to do what she can?

I already have plans set for Stella's safety, that one thing I'm confident on.

Through all of this, I just need Stella to be safe. Selfish as it may sound, she's my priority, everything else comes second. Even myself.

My heart started to speed up, my thoughts becoming faster and messier. I have to go to the battle, I have to make sure the pack is alright, I need to make sure Stella is safe.