starry night

S t e l l a

(do yalll see the gif?)

The night ended after what seemed so long, I found myself sitting on the table in front while the pack members were adamant to show me each of their talents in gratitude. It seemed that to them, a night that was supposed to turn bloody has turned into a night of festivity.

As I watched, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with how welcoming they were to me now, how they're opening up to me even though I am still a stranger to them.

In the back of my mind, I can't help but compare this pack to my small town. How cold they all were, unaccepting, hateful they were to me because I was different from them. In a way, even in this pack where I am supposed to belong, I still feel different.

I didn't grow up the same way, I haven't known what they have known and neither have they experienced what it truly means to grow up as a human. I feel like I have one feet in both worlds and I'm not truly sure where I belong. I don't feel accepted in both but I am supposed to belong in both.

Nevertheless, the pack was trying their best to be accepting and the fact that I am a werewolf like them must have helped with their acceptance and them opening up to me. Although I can't help but have questions if I were truly human, would they still accept me?

The answer, I'm not really sure.

"C'mon, let's get outta here. I wanna show you something," Cassian says suddenly when the people have started leaving.

I look around and see the pack helpers that were starting to clean up. "Wait, let's help them first."

Though, Cassian holds my hand and squeezes it lightly. "It's okay, you can help them out tomorrow, you're tonight's star."

I look at the pack members who just nodded at me with a smile as if giving me permission to go now and reluctantly, I hold Cassian's hand and stand up.

I don't know where he got it, but he got me a cape that almost seemed like Rebecca's, but it was white. Cassian put it over my shoulders and tied the strings into a knot in front of me. The cape was heavy and covered all of me instantly. He even made sure to make me wear the hood and although I was asking him what it was for, he didn't bother to give an answer.

With only a smile, Cassian held my hand as he led me outside the pack house, all the way through the forest. To prevent me from asking any further questions, he distracted me with stories about how he ran through these forests during his childhood.

How he first shifted when he was 13, the youngest the pack has seen someone shift. How he became the Alpha at 18 and how he's tried to find his mate the first few years but gradually gave up when I wasn't in sight.

I listened to him, not saying anything, listening to his story was enough for me. My hand in his, just the two of us, it's enough for me. Even if it's just for a little while...