Twelve

The same day
Zayla's POV

After leaving Malik's house I went to Panera bread to get me a chicken sandwich and salad, before heading over to Dyah's apartment.

I wanted to go visit her since we'd barely been spending time with each other and I needed to pick up my babies.

Panera was only five minutes away from her house so I grabbed my food and drove straight there. I sat in the car for a few and ate some of my food before heading to her door. I knocked and waited for her to answer.

"Hey bitch, I didn't know you were coming today," she said as the door swung open.

"I wasn't, but I missed you," I said walking inside as she shut the door behind me. "I missed you too," she said giving me a really tight hug.

"Okay Dyah let go," I said. I hated hugs they always felt so invasive and vulnerable to me. She knew that which is why she always hugged me anyways.

"You be letting Malik hug you, so let me," she joked.

"Girl whatever, where's my kids," I asked excitedly.

"Autmn... Olive, mommy's here," I said loudly dragging out my words. Seconds later they came running from the back jumping up on my legs.

"Aww I missed y'all too," I said picking them up giving them little kisses before putting them back down. "They didn't miss you like that, they been chilling," Dyah said being a hater.

"Girl you know they missed their mama," I playfully rolled my eyes. "Now come sit down so I can tell you this tea," I said as we both walked to the couch and plopped down on it.

"Bitch spill it," she said not giving me time to even get comfortable. "Damn girl be patient," I laughed.

"Sooo, me and Malik went out last night and you won't believe what happened," I said smiling from ear to ear.

"What? Y'all fucked.... Again?"

"No, well yeah, but no. He asked me to be his girlfriend!" I exclaimed. "Oh my gosh bitch tell me everything," she replied just happy as I was.

"Well he asked me to go to dinner with him, but he wouldn't tell me where we were going. So, he picked me up and we get there and it's Marcel. The fancy ass restaurant I told you about that time, so we sitting there talking, eating, and just enjoying each other's company. The waiter came and took our plates and gave us dessert menus so Malik tells me to flip the menu over and when I did it had "will you be my girlfriend" written in big red letters across the top, and he said a little speech and asked me again."

"And what you say?"

"Girl I said yes, and he gave me this necklace, it's so cute ain't it," I said lifting it up showing her.

"Oh my gosh it is, I love this for you!"

"I love it for me too, but do you think we're moving too fast, it's only been like a month and some change," I asked second guessing myself and the relationship.

"Girl you can't put a time on love, if you feel like it was the right thing to do then it was the right thing to do," she said.