𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖃𝕴𝕴

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖃𝕴𝕴

𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

I stared in focus at Leticia, after proposing to her as well. My blood was boiling in anger since I heard Louis do the same but as the first one. I knew how grave the situation was, but I wanted her to make a first step, so I knew she was ready for something like this. I didn't expect Louis to go full-on. And, let me remind you, this motherfucker was supposed to be convinced that I am her girlfriend.

She stared at both of us, apparently even more shocked. Then she took a breath and looked away.

''I need a moment alone'' Was all she replied and she left, going God only knows where. After a few seconds, I got up, while Louis still kept kneeling. Why would she not pick right now? It was logical. Even more logical to pick me. After all, there was something between us, even if it wasn't truly official.

No, it just had to be too much for her. It's as simple as that.

''What the fuck is wrong with you?'' I snarled.

''Her father employed me, hoping she would marry me, so I thought-''

''You better stop thinking or I'll make you'' I growled and left the room to process it all. I needed to find the killer, but had to stay near Leticia. Now she had the whole company to steer, so she will be pretty busy. And yet this father thing... Crap. I needed someone from outside to try to find this son of a bitch.

Louis was the classic example of ''why scientists thought we use only 10% of our brain''. His explanation, however, hinted me something. What if Leticia had a dilemma, because of her father? What if she considers marrying him just for her father's sake? It was a bad idea. Not only regarding me and my feelings towards her. I had to tell her more now.

Following her scent, I started my way towards her. I still had my powers, she had to be near. The closer I was, the more suspicious I got, since I heard a familiar voice, but too far to understand the words.

''She didn't tell you that she has no other option than to marry you?'' I heard the female voice reeking with surprise. Someone's going to die. I came out of the corner, noticing Leticia with a surprised expression on her face. In front of her, there was a brown-haired girl, a little shorter than me and a bit higher than Leticia. In her casual outfit, composed of jeans and a t-shirt, she didn't seem like a two-hundred-year-old creature of the night. Especially while standing in the sunlight, in a distant place in the hospital, by the window. Astrid.

''Not yet. I was going to'' My voice was as cold as the desire to kill on my face. The vampire opened her mouth to say something, but Leticia was faster.

''When did you plan to tell me that you have to marry me?'' She asked, raising her voice. I sighed. Scolding Astrid has got to wait.

''In a while'' I replied shortly.

''I asked you two days ago if you knew something more about the bond and you lied to me!'' She almost yelled.

I looked away, recalling myself that. I had a feeling I shouldn't and here we are.

''I did. I asked Astrid to check if there is any other option, especially since your father was pushing you to marry someone. I learned yesterday evening there is no other option, but then...'' I didn't finish, it was clear to her I meant the accident. Leticia's gaze softened, but I could tell she didn't forget that I lied to her. Even if it was a smaller lie than she originally thought. ''And I would tell you if someone didn't do it before I could.'' I noted bitterly, shifting my gaze to Astrid.