𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕴

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

So I got this idea quite randomly, creating a mix of Korean drama "My Demon", Carmilla from YouTube series and some ideas of my own. For a moment I thought what pairing I see her, until I decided that pairing Carmilla with a man would be a heresy against the canon.

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕴

𝕷𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖆

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

Thank God it's Friday. Or at least I wish I could say that. Maybe a regular employee would say that, but I knew it was a distant memory for me. This company and my work require being available for more days than just weekdays. Especially when working in the tourist industry. Let me explain: there was a family business, named Tourselite. From generation to generation, we had a company that is now one of the biggest organizators of tourism. At least in the US, but we were also high in Europe regarding the latest news. I was a manager; before that, I worked in another company as a team leader. Now I was about to take over this company at the right time, just like my parents did and their parents. We had a lot to offer, in both the Americas, in Asia or Europe, and Africa as well. And soon the Antarctic as well. I knew it was a lot to handle, but if they could manage, I could too.

Another problem was already on its way, the office was going out today, after work. I've said "no" multiple times due to the amount of work needed, but now, having much less work to do, I had no other choice than to participate finally. Don't get me wrong, I'm a social person, it's not like I don't want to go with anyone. I do, but priorities and since this company was founded by my family, passed from generation to generation, That's why I wanted to do my best, and that's why I proved myself in another company before my parents hired me in their place. They taught me well.

I blinked when the waiter pulled me back out of my thoughts. Staring through the window at the street was a very occupying task, obviously. One of many streets in New Orleans, there wasn't anything special about it, despite the café. Cafendi was a "must-visit" point on my daily routine to work, just a street from the building.

''A double espresso as always?"

''Yes, please" I replied with a smile, looking back into the window. And then I felt like in déjà vu. The same man I saw here the day before yesterday, I recognized this long black coat and those cowboy-like shoes. The coat was nothing special during November, it was just nice, and that's what got my attention. Oh, and also a long, ten centimeters long scar on the outer side of his hand too, when he pulled out his phone. He was probably also working nearby.

''Here it is''

I received a cup of coffee, smelling its scent with delight. I paid with my card, thanked him, and then left the café. The man was gone, but I still had this feeling someone was watching me. This time I didn't move around. Surely my mind was just making it up, that's what I've said myself in recent days when I looked around and saw no one suspicious. My best friend, Sarah, would say it was because I work too much. For her, it was always the reason.

I kept going until I entered the skyscraper. We had the whole building for us, our own. And so it went on with the work. Reports, checking the targets, checking the progress of the newest products, and much more. The time was going slow, especially without Sarah around. But I knew she was going to join me in the evening in the pub. This time, I couldn't avoid going out with my coworkers to the pub to have some fun. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy people's company. What I don't like is a hangover on Saturday, when there is work to do. This weekend's current challenge as well.