𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕴𝕴

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕴𝕴

𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

I watched the blood flow down, marking a dark red trail going down the shirt. Like Mississippi in this city, in the night, when the water seems so dark. Add the blood moon and then you would have a very similar look... I felt the copper smell coming out from it, but didn't feel hungry. If it were human blood, then it would be probably difficult to stop myself from tasting it.

I tossed the ripped-off heart on the ground, watching the man's body fall to the ground, without a sign of life, the pool of blood began to form under his corpse. The second one in the last three months. I guess Mother wasn't bored with sending her minions after me, another one caught fresh after arrival, so the other one probably didn't make it on time to inform me about the place I was living in. There was a long way from Colorado to New Orleans. Other minions were probably in different cities and she was probably far outside the US. Now with another lack of answer in New Orleans, they will certainly have their suspicions. The countdown is set, for God knows how long. Definitely not in Europe, there was still someone pretty pissed at her and it would be too dangerous for her to be there.

I pulled out the trash bag and began to whistle a melody, I packed the corpse into the bag, added the heart as well, and then threw it over my shoulder, carrying it straight to my mansion. I kept going through the night, still whistling. She didn't even get the jewelry for them which would protect them from the sunlight. That's why they were always coming at night, right when it was all silent and it was so easy to hear their heartbeat, their breathing. They were surely recently turned, so inexperienced.

Pity, they had their chance for a much better life. If they didn't meet this evil woman, who made them work for her. Just like I was working in the past.

I headed down to the cellar, where I threw the bag in the center and set it on fire. I stood for a moment, watching it burn, until there was nothing more than ashes. The best way to get rid of a vampire's corpse. The hunters claimed that the flames were taking the vampires to hell, that's why even the bones turned to ashes so easily. I didn't plan to check if it's true. That's why I was killing the spies, planned to gear up, and speaking of this, I should get ready to leave. I had a deal to make.

When the last flicker of flame disappeared and there were only ashes, I went up, going through the living room, the bedroom, straight to the bathroom, where I took a bath. Some blood spilled on me when I ripped the heart out from his chest. What can I say, I was out of practice.

When the water was all ready, I laid down in the bath, relaxing and giving myself time to think more. I knew who I was going to meet. A merchant from Egypt, who had something very crucial for me. My connections helped a lot to get in touch with him. He had something I needed, something unique in this world. Of course, it was worth a lot, but I had money to pay. I owned one of the biggest companies that traded antiques, gathered new ones thanks to my archeologists, and led auctions. Somehow I got these connections, right? Lethally Artful Specialties was also lethally efficient when it came to my plans. Step by step I was getting ready for the day when Mother would come to me personally.

I got out of the bath, wrapped myself in the towel, and quit to pick some clothes I would wear today. Black jeans and a lacy blouse will do. I didn't need it more official than it had to be. So I said to that merchant to dress quite casually. We were going to meet in the pub, not in the luxurious restaurant and I didn't want to bring unnecessary attention to us.