𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖁𝕴𝕴

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖁𝕴𝕴

𝕷𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖆

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

'Good evening, Ms. Creed. Let's take a seat' The police officer said, gesturing towards the seat by the desk. Still a bit trembling, I sat and looked at him. It was barely an hour ago, the police came to check the place and gather information. First was Carmilla, now it was me. She said it was going to be pointless without CCTV, but I had to inform them. To feel safer. I was now desperate for that, I felt like I cheated death and I was wondering if I was sane. I could swear I saw Carmilla get shot, I saw even a hole in her shirt, like after a gunshot, but the skin under the clothing was perfectly fine. it was impossible, right?

'So the motorcyclist came from behind you, aiming his gun at you, Ms. Karnstein pushed you back, so you didn't get shot. None of you. The culprit had a helmet. That's what you said and it happened around five, right?' He asked after half an hour when I told him all I saw. Well, almost everything. I would be probably safe in a psychiatric hospital, but still, I preferred not to tell him anything about these strange things.

I nodded in reply and he sighed, as if getting to tell something difficult.

'Speaking of this accident by the lake... Ms. Creed, it wasn't an accident' He said. I widened my eyes. The accident, I almost forgot about it happening recently, now completely shaking because of this man trying to kill me today. My head was completely busy now with today. But now knowing it was the second attempt, I felt even worse.

'What do you mean?' I asked with a weak voice.

'There was a little camera hidden near the restaurant. We checked the trails in the area. The ones from the street matched the ones we found on the side. Probably the same guy from today waited there for you and the moment he saw you on the camera, he started his plan and he was going after you. Ms. Karnstein was not the target, but potentially an accidental victim' He explained and I just stared at him in shock. So not only this but also this thing that happened four days ago?!

Someone really wanted me dead. Twice. Now he'll probably try the third time. This only reminded me how much I needed someone to protect me. Carmilla, army of mercenaries, anyone! I was screaming these thoughts in my head, barely stopping myself from doing this verbally, holding the tears with my best efforts. I had to be strong, I couldn't fall apart now.

'I'll do my best to organize a constant watch over you' he started, but I shook my head.

'No. I'll get that on my own. This guy is probably expecting it. I need to do something different' I replied with a shaky voice, looking away. The room we were in was one of the conference rooms in my company. The best place available for now.

'Are you sure? It's a serious matter, Ms. Creed, I could organize it without any problem' He asked, looking at me with a hint of surprise in his eyes.

If I didn't lose my mind and what I saw was real, then I wasn't sure if the guard of the police was a good idea. I owed Carmilla my life for the second time. Whatever was her secret, I would feel bad if I exposed her accidentally. Especially after agreeing to her offer of bodyguarding me. Besides, I could get private bodyguards. My father or mother would know who to contact.

'Yes.' The officer got up and headed to the door. He was right about to say something more, but I continued: 'Officer?'

'Yes, Ms. Creed?' He turned to me.