𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖃𝕴

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖃𝕴

𝕷𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖆

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

I took an omelet out of the frying pan and bent it in half just to fill it with some vegetables, and a bit of sauce as well, turning it into something that reminded me of a taco. The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the kitchen. Honestly, the smell alone was enough to wake me up. One sip of this heavenly drink could make wonders for me. I took a fork, ready to grab the plate and go to the table, until I jumped with a squeal, startled by the arms that wrapped around my waist.

''Oh my God Carm! You scared me!'' I almost yelled. How was it possible that I didn't hear her steps? I can't remind myself the last time it was audible, like a cat, she moved without a sound. Maybe she was floating in the air and I didn't even notice that?

''I thought you've seen me with a corner of your eye'' She laughed, with her lips almost brushing my ear. I could already feel the chills pierce through me, especially after recalling myself the last night. It's a good thing she could drive despite drinking alcohol yesterday.

The feeling of her body on my back snapped me out of my thoughts.

''I was busy with this omelet. I almost had a heart attack!''

She chuckled and picked a slice of tomato from the plate, which disappeared a moment later in her mouth. And again, the sight of her full, soft lips recalled me the kiss. I felt chills again.

''Lucky you that I am around, in case you focused on omelet again, so no one can sneak on you. Excluding me, obviously'' She murmured, causing me to sigh.

''As for someone who doesn't have to sleep, you usually wake up very late.''

''I don't have to sleep, but it doesn't mean I don't like to sleep'' She retorted and I rolled my eyes. Alright, it was logical. Somehow. Then she pulled off and went to the express, just to make herself a coffee as well. I would make it for her if I only knew she would get up earlier.

''I always wondered... You need blood, but you still can eat and drink normally?'' I asked, frowning, taking my plate to the table, and picking up my coffee on the way.

''Yeah. Not too much of course so that I won't vomit it. In the right amounts, I can do it. Just for the taste, cupcake.''

Half an hour later we were on our way to the company, listening in silence to another rock song on the radio. Then we entered the company, I checked how things were going and dived into my tasks. Creating a new offer, creating another one based on Carmilla's place where we wanted to have the tour. I had quite a challenge, dressing the place into very nice and alluring descriptions, to show the customer that this place is really worth visiting. I didn't even lie. This place was beautiful in fact. I think I'd love to visit it one day in the future.

Once I was done with it and I sent it to another department, just to know their opinion, I got up and left my office, feeling Carmilla's eyes on me. Not the first time this morning, already in the workplace, but I had to admit I enjoyed her attention. Something changed after that night. It turned into something really enjoyable, at least for me.

'' Hi Lou. How's the research for L'ile Louet?'' I asked Louis, coming to his desk and he checked the dashboard on the second screen.

''Good. The only thing left is picking the accommodation and hiring a leader, for which we have some options. I'll send it to you in an hour, probably half an hour'' He said with a satisfied smile, delight visible in his green eyes. He always enjoyed showing me his capabilities, and proving himself, even if it wasn't needed. Even if it was about such details. Even when I didn't ask for comparisons. I was planning to do it on my own, but knowing him, I could expect it.