Chapter eleven - Roses birthday

Beginne am Anfang

"Nice outfit Miss Olsen, where's your shirt from?" I compliment her, and notice her cheeks lightly heating up a bit, interesting.
"Oh it's my sisters brand, their essentials range is so comfortable, if you see anything you like on their website , I can hook you up with it if you want" she offers, making me smile and nod my head in thanks.
"I know you have roses present packed and all ready, but after we get some breakfast/ coffee is it alright if we pick up my present for her, as it's on the way to Scarlett's house anyways?". I ask Miss Olsen hoping she wouldn't mind,
"Yes of course that's fine, do you want to head out now?" Miss Olsen asks me kindly, and I just nod my head.
So I gather my handbag with all my essentials, and Miss Olsen grabs hers and we set off to pick up roses present.

I show my boss where the location is and she says she knows where that street is, so I start to follow her around like a lost puppy, as I'm not so familiar with this area of NYC. On the way there we spot a cute coffee shop and decided to get a quick snack and, obviously some coffee.
We eat our croissants on the go, and make a few turns, ending up at our destination. The guitar shop. I decided earlier in the week that it'd be nice to buy little rosie a guitar, so I can teach her when I visit, and we could have little jamming sessions. Miss Olsen looks over to me and I nod, and say "yep this is it" she smiles at me, and I open the door for her.

I walk up to someone at the desk and ask "hi, I'm here to pick up a guitar, it should be under the name of y/n l/n?" The man looks at me and smiles replying, "hello, yes that name rings a bell, I'll just go get it for you, I'll be back soon" and he goes off into what I assume is the stock room.
"That's an excellent gift idea y/n!" Miss Olsen tells me, and my cheeks heat up at the compliment.
"Thank you, I'm sure you're is great too.." I exclaim, leaning my head towards the gift bag in her hands, trying to see what she's bought the little flower.
"Uh no miss l/n, you don't get to look, stop being nosey, and wipe that cute pout off your face" she says teasingly snatching the bag further away from me, but her cheeks heat up as she realises what she said. Her sentence gave me a newfound confidence, so I pluck up the courage and question "you think I'm cute miss Olsen? What else do you think about me hm?" And lean closer towards her, she is now in an even more flustered state.
"I uh I don't-" she begins to stutter, but to her luck, the man returns with a guitar case in hand, making miss Olsen repel away from me.
"Here you go miss l/n, I'm sure whoever this is for will love it!" He says happily, so I thank him and open up the case quickly to see if it's all in good shape and not damaged, and as soon as I open the case, both Miss Olsen and I audibly gasp at the sight.

"Oh my god y/n that's beautiful, look at all the roses!!" She examines the back of it, I nod up at her since I'm kneeling down, and flip it so it's the right side up

(A/n im completely aware that they are different shapes, I couldn't find one with a cool enough back and front lmao )

"My present feels incomparable now compared to yours" Miss Olsen sulks, making my lips turn upwards at her adorable frown and pouty kissable lips.
"Don't put yourself down like that ma'am, I can guarantee you rose will adore anything that you get her. Don't worry miss" I say and elbow her side playfully, making her giggle a little. Cute.
We exit the shop and go to Scarlett's house, and thankfully her house is only five minutes away, making some small talk along the way.

We stop at a humongous town house, and walk up the steps, ringing the doorbell.
"Lizzie, y/n!!" Scarlett exclaims pulling each of us into a quick hug, Scarlett kissing my cheek. And I see Miss Olsens, stern look appear on her face, but it quickly disappears when I turn my head towards her and smile holding my arm out for her to take. She nods and hooks her arm around mine, as we enter Scarlett's house.
"Please keep your shoes on ladies as we will be in the backyard most of this evening." And we both nod following behind her, the noise of screaming kids can be heard. Bring on the evening.

We enter the kitchen where lots of adults are looming, well more like lots of celebrities, and the sheer amount of them is making me feel quite self conscious, watching them all talk about movies, horrible directors they've worked with, and their next projects, with Miss Olsen in her element I sort of feel even more out of place, knowing that she can't really do much to involve me in this discussion, so I remove myself, to go find rose. Miss Olsen mouths "are you okay?" I smile and nod before whispering,
"Yeah I'm okay all this adult talk is boring, I'm going to find the little bean, and play with her for a bit" she returns the smile and replies
"Okay give me five minutes, I'll be bored of this talk aswell, too many self absorbed dads here" and we quietly chuckle as I exit through the bi-fold doors.

I look around at the chaos outside and see some of the little ones decorating their little drive in movie cars, and the others are playing tag, I watch the madness unravel until I feel a kid come flying into me, nearly knocking me onto my ass. "Y/n!! You actually came I'm so happy" I look down at rose, and crouch to her level giving her a massive squeeze
"Awww of course I'd come for your party, I wouldn't dare miss it!! You've grown so much taller rosie!! Not long till you over take me" I joke and we both giggle. She takes my hand and drags me to her cardboard car, and politely asks me to decorate her car with her, to which I obviously reply with a yes.

We begin colouring with pens, glitter glue, slapping paint on it, anything we could find and not long after we started, Miss Olsen makes her way towards us.
"Mind if join you guys?" She inquires.
"Of course auntie lizard. Your excellent at crafts, just like y/n is too!" Making us smile at her compliment, and me smile at her nickname for Miss Olsen. A few minutes into all three of us decorating, we have a routine nailed down, where we each share each other's stationary for a few minutes before swapping them with each other, and in no time roses car was complete. I stand up and stretch my body, after all the bending down, and Miss Olsen follows in suit. "I think I'm going to try a drink if that's okay ? I'm only having one tonight I want to be able to remember roses birthday" I laugh and Lizzie nods and says she'll join me with a drink too.

We get back in the kitchen and the amount of adults has doubled, making me want to just get me drink and exit outside as soon as possible.
"Red wine?" I say to Miss Olsen.
"Yes please that would be lovely thank you" she says. I grab two glasses and the bottle and pour us a half glass each, handing it towards the blonde, whom looks like she needs this drink just as much as me, and she takes a massive gulp making me laugh at her unhinged sight. I go to take my first sip, but a voice stops me.

"Y/n?" My heart immediately quickens and not in the excited happy way. My hands begin to shake and I accidentally drop the glass of red wine all over white table cloth on Scarlett's table, causing some heads to turn.
"Florence." I say in a shaky breath, in the moment not caring about the spilled wine, my breathing becomes more difficult and I look towards Miss Olsen, who is gently rubbing her hand up and down my back in comfort, knowing that my ex is here and it's hard for me to even look at her.
"Can we talk alone please. Look- I uh I didnt even get the chance to explain or say anything" I cut her off "I can't do this right now, get out of my way" I say in a breathy tone tears threatening to fall down my cheeks, the room is starting to feel smaller. I need to get out of here.
"But I still -"
I ignore what she's saying and bolt towards the front door. I can here a faint shouting but I ignore it, however the last thing I here before leaving is Miss Olsen wailing
"Y/n wait!!"