Chapter 21 - Costumes

Keira tilted her head, her eyes narrow as she scrutinized her reflection. She ran her tongue across her teeth, feeling the sharp edges of her canines.

It was the day of Halloween and in her closet, all she had been able to find was a vampire outfit, hence the sharp fangs.

And it was also the reason why she had fake blood running from the corner of her mouth.

Her blonde hair was slicked back in an almost perfect wet look, and Keira had to admit she was rather proud of herself for pulling this together. While the dress was a little bit too gothic even for her taste, she had to admit that the metal corset really brought it all together. It was surprisingly comfortable and resembled a ribcage, painted in dark silver. Her cleavage was a bit revealing but on the other hand, her wife would love it.

Wanda had already left the bathroom a long time ago and judging from the chatter Keira had overheard before, it seemed like Billy was the only one of the twins who had fixed a costume. Tommy was still trying to earn Pietro's respect, something that was completely useless in her opinion, although she did not say that to her son.

"Alright, showtime." She muttered to herself and pushed herself away from the sink. With her enhanced hearing, she had already heard the way Pietro was winding up the twins, for good or bad, she didn't know.

And who greeted her at the bottom of the stairs, if not said silver-haired menace?

"Woah! Fang-tastic outfit, sis-in-law!" Pietro put his hands up to his mouth with his pointer fingers facing down, mimicking her fangs.

For the first time since he had arrived on their doorstep, Keira appreciated the pun.

Which was why she clapped her hands together. "Amazing joke, man. What are you supposed to be then? A couch goblin?" She pointedly looked him up and down but before Pietro had a chance to retort, Wanda intervened.

"Well, thank you for humoring me and wearing such a getup. Amazing work with the make-up, by the way, honey." Wanda's eyes couldn't help but droop down to her wife's cleavage, and the rib corset only enhanced the look, making Keira look even more ethereal.

The mutant shrugged her shoulders. "Well, there were no other clothes in my closet, so... And besides, it looks like I got off easy." She chuckled as she eyed Wanda up and down.

The red leotard and pink tights clashed magnificently but somehow, together with the red headpiece, Wanda made it work.

Oh, who was Keira kidding?

She'd find Wanda irresistible, no matter what she did or didn't wear. "You look good enough to eat, my love." She added in a low voice before pointing to one of her fangs. "Oh, and I think there's something wrong with my teeth." When Wanda just looked perplexed, Keira continued. "They keep thinking about your neck." The seductive smirk on her lips was hard to miss, and with just a few inches between their faces, it was hard to keep her heart from beating out of her chest.

"Ria!" Wanda chuckled and as she leaned even closer to her wife, her nose adorably scrunched up in the way Keira loved. "You're such a sweet-talker." None of the images flashing across her retinas were PG-13. Thank god none of their sons had developed powers yet or her mind would've traumatized them. "Bite me."

Keira leaned down and gently nibbled on the sensitive skin on Wanda's neck, her hands snaking around her waist to pull her closer. It was lucky that they weren't alone in the room, or she might've not found the strength to leave the house at all. With a small groan, she pulled herself away from her wife and instead looked over at her sons. "What do you say, boys? Who's ready for a sugar rush?"