Chapter 15 - Two Is Better Than One

Keira leisurely strolled down the stairs, her hand gliding along the railing. Her blonde hair cascaded over her shoulders in loose curls and for once, she simply felt... happy.

Or perhaps, unburdened was a better description.

Things really did work out in the end, didn't they?

Wanda was lounging on the couch with a magazine while lazily waving a hand in the air. The vacuum moved around the room on its own accord, getting into all the crooks and crannies. It was leaving the floor spotless.

"You still amaze me every day, Wan. Did I ever tell you that?" Keira pressed a kiss to the crown of her wife's head as she passed the sofa, but she didn't stop because her goal was the kitchen.

Wanda's eyes closed of their own accord and she hummed quietly in answer.

Keira switched on the radio and quietly sang along to the music streaming out of it. Her guilt had not allowed her to rest ever since she deprived Wanda of their ice cream plans a couple of days earlier, so she was determined to make it up to her.

And to her luck, they had a few packs left in the freezer.

She ran the scoop under hot water, which allowed her to form perfectly round ice cream spheres without even trying. The flavors she chose for Wanda were cookies and cream plus strawberry. And for herself, vanilla and chocolate.

Yeah, she was basic. At least in some departments.

Keira thanked her lucky gods for Instantwhip and pushed out some swirly tops around the ice cream. To top it all off, she drizzled some chocolate syrup over it in an intricate pattern and grabbed two smaller spoons.

It seemed like Wanda had snoozed off during the preparations.

The redhead's eyes were closed, the magazine resting against her chest and the vacuum had stopped moving a while ago.

The mutant carefully sunk down beside Wanda and took the magazine from her, placing it down on the table beside her own bowl. For just a moment, she just sat there and admired her sleeping, yet drop-dead gorgeous wife. Oh, how lucky she was.

"My love..." Keira whispered lovingly and leaned over, pressing a featherlight kiss to Wanda's cheek.

The redhead's nose scrunched up as a lazy smile painted her lips and her eyes fluttered open. "You do know you're not supposed to wake a sleeping beauty, right?" She mumbled sleepily and laced an arm around Keira's neck, pulling her close to her chest.

"I do agree, you are an absolute beauty, my darling. But I brought a gift." With a childish smile on her face, the blonde did her best to present the ice cream bowl. A bit difficult due to the fact that all she could see was the side of the sofa with her head pressed against her wife's chest.

If Keira allowed herself to be biased, she was rather proud of her ice cream creation.

Wanda chuckled lightly and released her wife so she could take the bowl from her. "Hm, I guess you're forgiven." She pursed her lips in thought before taking the spoon. But she didn't put it to her own mouth, but rather offered the first bite to Keira. "Have I told you that you're amazing?"

The blonde wrapped her lips around the spoon and hummed contentedly as the vanilla melted on her tongue to reveal the cookie crumble. "Not nearly enough, my love." She chuckled lightly and pressed a kiss to the side of Wanda's neck. "And see, I can cook."

Her own bowl stood forgotten on the living room table as she readjusted her seat so she could rest her head on the redhead's shoulder.

"I don't know if ice cream counts as cooking, darling." Wanda shook her head in amusement before digging into the bowl. The sudden coldness caused a shiver to travel down her spine and she pressed a grateful kiss to the top of her wife's head. She knew this was Keira's way of trying to make up, and although she appreciated the effort, it wasn't necessary.